Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, poor Ranger missed his breakfast today. His dumb owner forgot to thaw his breakfast last night. While Ranger has eaten hard-as-a-rock frozen solid meals before, said owner thought making Ranger do that outside in -30 temperatures would turn Ranger frozen solid. Silly me thought that having breakfast a few hours late would be the lesser of the two evils, but as it turns out, Ranger disagreed. (He did get an egg and some cookies for a snack so he wasn't starving, despite his version of the story).

A few hours later, his meal still hadn't thawed out...AT ALL. I have a feeling it had something to do with the kitchen window looking like this:

So breakfast was then going to be "lunch". I let Ranger outside after promising he can eat in a few hours. Apparently Ranger didn't want to wait.

I hear a big ruckus outside and go out to investigate. Ranger is now zooming around the yard, like so:

Then, I spot something bizarre on the ground

What IS that?

Oh no, I say. Oh yes, Ranger replies.

FEATHERS. Feathers all over the deck. Feathers all over his muzzle. Feathers.All.Over.The.Yard

Did you eat a critter, Ranger?

Apparently, yes.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
OMG. that was hilarious! Thanks for brightening my day!

Reactions: Ranger

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
This made me smile! I love the picture story! Silly boy, Ranger...

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Mom...
How's a boy supposed to make it on eggs and cookies?
Next time put my meal package in the sink and fill up the sink with cool water.
It will thaw in a jiffy and I get my meal!
From Ranger...via Karen

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't everyone feel too bad for Ranger...what he DIDN'T say is that he had a big ol' 2.5 lb turkey dinner at 8pm the night before! :p: That's partly the reason his breakfast today turned into lunch.

What I didn't foresee was some little critter turning into lunch, as well. :no:

·
Premium Member
18,410 Posts
I guess he decided to fix his own breakfast, or brunch.

Tepid water in the sink will thaw frozen food in about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well this is a lunch that nature intended! Good Ranger :)
ps: My girl Aika hunts and eat field mouses...what a snack.

·
Pippa and Watson’s mom
611 Posts
I laughed so hard at this!!! Ranger is quite the character, but even better, YOU are quite the storyteller. If you haven’t published anything yet, it’s high time. Let me know if you need an editor :D

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I laughed so hard at this!!! Ranger is quite the character, but even better, YOU are quite the storyteller. If you haven’t published anything yet, it’s high time. Let me know if you need an editor :D
Why thank you! Actually, I am working on something in the hopes of getting it published...just need to find an interested party!

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,628 Posts
I so enjoy hearing about and seeing pictures of Ranger's always interesting and amusing adventures.

I agree, you're a great storyteller with a great Character (Ranger).

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Cute story and love the pictures but I would be concerned about him eating a sick bird. It possibly was just too cold to get away but still; not something I would be happy about.

love the last shot oh yum, yum!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts