Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning Murphy woke me up and had a little bit of a vomit on the floor, but all it was was a bit of bone, some liquid and one or two flowers from the tree out the front so I wasn't too worried about it, silly boy doesn't chew his food properly, but then he went out and did his morning poop and it was solid and normal except for the last part that was covered in slime. :yuck: Then just now (about 3 hours later) he did a second poop that w as softer and composed of a lot of slimey mucus-like stuff. Should I be concerned or is his body just irritated by the bones he doesn't chew up properly?

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Ahhh yes, the slimey poop. I remember Tucker having the slimey poop... I think someone commented it looked like poop wrapped in a used condom :lol:

Now I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong, cuz I don't remember much... but I THINK the slime indicates his intestines acting as a barrier for something bothering his tummy.

Someone with better knowledge will chime in, I'm sure!

I don't think you need to be too worried though.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
We just went through mucous with Maggie. It means there is an inflamation of the large intestine. Since there was puking, I'd call the vet. Even if it is nothing serious, my vet gave Maggie some meds to calm down her intestine which made her feel loads better immediatly.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I'll get my other half (who is actually off work sick today) to keep an eye on him during the day since I go to work in about an hour, and if his poops don't clear up then I'll take him in for a little checkup with his vet tomorrow morning since I don't go to work till the afternoon. Thanks guys! :) He seemed quiet before he vomited, and then once he was finished (it was only small) he was back to his usual playful self, running up the hallway to go back into bed after we took him outside :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts