Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Kate
20,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glee had his first 2 shows ever the last couple days.

Definitely very green (sitting for the judge, some sniffing the ground during his individual go-around). But he was not as bad as his brother in HIS first show one year ago. I was tickled to see him setting his head on the last go around today and stretching into a really nice trot. I think he's going to be a showboat when he grows up. He already shows every sign of ENJOYING grooming time like his dad.

Show dogs either get full baths or they are spritzed wet to the skin and blown dry every show day. Glee shows every sign of enjoying getting primped. He even stood very nicely while I went paw to paw trimming his toenails. I was amazed at how mature he was being! He only balked when I used my clippers to trim back his pretty wild puppy whiskers.

No show pics taken... :) I wish I had!

A picture of him and Jovi unwinding after a couple busy days working at being purty in the ring. :D

Speaking of Jovi. :)

Little man who quietly graduated from the puppy section back in June has been the king of reserves his last few shows, including both shows yesterday and today. Today - he was very very very close to getting his first major. He's turned into a big handsome show man.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Congratulations. Great job to you and the boys.

·
Kate
20,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not worth starting a brand new thread over this, but was just thinking this evening about how grateful I am that I broke down and set up at crate in my bedroom.

And not just because it makes a perfect extra surface to toss winter coats and put shoes and boots so the dogs can't get into them... :)

I had my guys outside to run around and burn off energy before bedtime - and that was totally the case with Gleeful who came in and wanted to crash.... but Jovi kept pestering and trying to instigate play.

Like usual, I popped up and tucked the little guy into his crate. He immediately crashed and other than peeking at me when I was taking pictures of him - is sound asleep in there.

Most nights he sleeps outside the crate, but it still has its use as far as giving Glee or Jovi a break from each other and getting them to settle down. As well, it was so nice having crate trained dogs at the last show, as it was just me there swapping dogs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts