Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

a request for puppy pics

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Harleys Mummy 
#1 ·
Hello all. A little background info here. I have posted here before. I am a pet portrait illustrator and am running a contest where the winner recieves a graphite portrait of their pet. The last contest the winner was a member here who choose to donate her prize to a golden rescue group...

I found a rescue group in my area called "good as gold" and have not only given them the portrait but have now become involved with the group as far as fund-raising goes.

I am explaining all of this, hoping you will be willing to send in puppy pics or super great adult shots that I can use to create a limited addition print whose proceeds will be donated to the golden rescue group. This will be sold during the month of October and whoevers picture I choose to use will recieve a free print in exchange for the use of their photo and copyright release.

If you have any wonderful photos please email them to me at RR@martoranawellness.com and put "rescue photo" in the subject line. I am looking for a picture that would lend itself well to a print. Puppy shots, sleeping shots, outdoor shots, pics with flowers, shots that portray that golden sweetness and lovable nature, etc.

Also, I will be donating a large portion of any commissions I recieve in the month of October to the same rescue group so if you are interested in having a portrait done - October is Golden month!!

www.martoranawellness.com/RR

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Allie. I am not totally sure. I am hoping when I see "the one" I will have that "AHA" moment that us artistic types get. I need to have the portrait finished and ready to be sold as prints for the rescue group by October as October is my month allocated to Golden rescue. In other words - I would need to decide fairly soon - within the next week or two.

BTW - I just LOVE the portrait of your "legend" hint...hint...

#4 ·
Thank you to all of you who submitted photo's. I have chosen a very sweet pic by one of the members here of her puppy. I plan to do an adult one next but haven't yet chosen a pic.

This will be made into a print that is for sale to benefit Golden retriever rescue. If anyone is interested in purchasing a print you can find the info here: http://www.martoranawellness.com/Rescue.html Prints are signed and numbered limited editions.

Thanks again
Barb

#10 ·
Thanks,

All the pictures you guys sent in were great but the photo I chose just fit what I was looking for. I am hoping to sell many of the prints to raise money for golden retriever rescue. Just to be clear - these are for the print sales, this wasn't for the contest I was running.

The contest ends TODAY (last day of the month) so if you want to enter that get your photo in by midnight tonight. You can find the contest info on my site www.martoranawellness.com/RR/contest.html Contest entries are chosen by random.

#15 ·
The contest sounds great, and what a lovely thing to be doing for people :).

I wont be able to enter for this months, but maybe next month if I get some good photos of my new puppy that comes home on Saturday :D.

Your art is great by the way :) and I think what you do to raise money for charties is great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.