Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out a few days ago that a picture I took of my Dexter for a "52 weeks" project in 2009 was published in a German dog magazine. A friend of mine who lives in Germany was kind enough to purchase a copy to send me, and it arrived in today's mail:

Since my Goldens are what led to my interest in photography, I think it's only fitting that my first published photo is of one of my babies. :) The original photo is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dexell1827/3490002796/

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
very cool. Love the pic you took of the pic...

someone looks sad that they are not in the picture ; )

Congrats...and nice job.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
So they picked your picture off of Flicker without your knowledge and they paid you how much for the use of your picture ?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, all! It's definitely an exciting accomplishment!

So they picked your picture off of Flicker without your knowledge and they paid you how much for the use of your picture ?
Actually, they most likely purchased the image through Getty, where I have numerous photos for sale for stock use. I won't know for sure until I get my July statement from Getty, but given the quality of the image and the fact that I never post anything online larger than 800 pixels wide, I'm confident they obtained the image through the appropriate channels. :)

·
love my goofy goldens
2,431 Posts
How exciting! Congratulations - and the picture is great!

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Thanks, all! It's definitely an exciting accomplishment!

Actually, they most likely purchased the image through Getty, where I have numerous photos for sale for stock use. I won't know for sure until I get my July statement from Getty, but given the quality of the image and the fact that I never post anything online larger than 800 pixels wide, I'm confident they obtained the image through the appropriate channels. :)
======================================================
Ahhhhh....
Great. Congrats. :) :appl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts