Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I do recommend - highly. I have TWO of their Goldens - Isabella, 11 yrs, acts like a puppy, and True, 8 1/2, who had some show experience. Deceptively mellow but quite the trickster on occasion, he's a former show dog but even at 72 lbs, a bit too small once fully grown. Judy & Ron refused to breed them bigger simply to be more competitive, it isn't good for the dog. I got him at 2yrs. A very, very handsome boy, always elicits comments. Isa is a small-boned 58 lb girl, quick on her feet, looks very feminine.
What I liked about the experience and is that Judy and Ron are regular, grounded, relatable, family-oriented folks. Serious about their dogs, health of the breed, who they are sending them off with but still, regular folks, not pretentious. It shows in the dogs. I met some breeders who seemed like borderline personalities, or just plain odd, and it gave me pause.
My two are supremely healthy despite Isabella's seizure disorder which appeared at age 4. It's well-controlled w/ phenobarbital and no side effects or liver problems. She is the most active. They play a lot at home, in the dog park, play well with others. Isabella in particular must go greet each human in the park - she walks up tail wag for a pat on the head. They are fabulous w/ the cat who washes their faces regularly but I think they'd happily chase one if off leash and it wasn't Sophie. Neither will chase a friend's indoor cats when we visit. Happy puppy!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Two thumbs UP. Judy and Ron Inman run Promise Kennel in Sanger. Ca (near Fresno). Their website is not updated, but they are active breeders of quality Goldens. The kennel and Judy both have Facebook pages that are more current/updated than the kennel website. I got my current Golden from them about 4 months ago, and he's now 6 months old and doing well. I did a lot of homework researching Golden breeders before I purchased my pup, and because of health problems in my previous Goldens I was not willing to compromise anything in selecting a breeder and litter this time. I would highly recommend them without reservation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts