Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Harleys Dad
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You guys all know that Harley and I have retired from our real job but still continue to do our therapy work as well as going to school for dog grooming (my mini career). Anyway.....our friends suddenly lost their Golden a little more than a month ago, Midas was 12 and in good health, and was a loved golden every day of his life. The devastated couple was walking past my house and saw Harley in the yard so they came over to the fence to talk and spend some time with Harley. Fast foward.....the little therapy session must have worked cause a call to Harleys breeder sent little Shane to his new home with my friends. Tomorrow night is Shanes welcome home party and Uncle Harley is invited. The pup is from one of Harleys littermates the breeder kept. I'll try to get some pics. sorry I haven't been very active on the forum lately but I still read your posts.
Jerry and Harley

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Great work Harley. I'm sure he will be a fantastic Uncle. I had a similar situation happen when Oakly was a pup. A couple used to drive past my house and they finally decided to stop and it turned out they had just lost their golden and were looking for a golden fix. They weren't long in selecting their next golden.

·
Harleys Dad
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great work Harley. I'm sure he will be a fantastic Uncle. I had a similar situation happen when Oakly was a pup. A couple used to drive past my house and they finally decided to stop and it turned out they had just lost their golden and were looking for a golden fix. They weren't long in selecting their next golden.
. The Golden fix is very srong medicine:)

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Good to see you, Jerry!
Funny how 'therapy' can happen in unsuspecting moments....:)

Here's hoping you and Harley have a year full of fun, love, compassion, and an extra bit of dog hair from your studies :p:

Stay in touch with us, we miss you both!

·
Harleys Dad
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We went to visit lil' Shane last night, the first time we have seen the pup. All the clearances are in place, Volhard puppy testing was done by an independent trainer, and he is bigger than Harley was at nine weeks. Not the same temperment as Harley, more to the normal for a puppy, Harley was so laid back I often thought there was a health issue but now I know it was just his temperment.
I'll post some pics of the new little arrival as soon as I get them.......tomorrow is my first day of school at The New York School Of Dog Grooming. A little bizarre going back to school after becoming a senior citizen but I am very excited about being in a learning environment after so many years. I'm bringing a bag of crumbs to drop along the route so I can find my way back home at night. I also have a note attached to my jacket.
Wish me luck.......
Jerry and Harley

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
:D
Don't forget to pin your mittens to your sleeves and look both ways TWICE before you cross the street.
Have fun, Jerry!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Harley, do you never rest from doing your good deeds? Looking forward to seeing pictures of your little nephew.

Jerry, have fun on your first day of school.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Jerry....what a wonderful post this morning! Made my day....for sure! How wonderful you were able to be such a HUGE part of them being so happy once again!:smooch:
Best of luck on your Schooling! It sounds so GREAT....retired, and being able to learn something new that you will enjoy! Can't beat that!:)

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
What a great story. Dont let any of te other kids bully you, make sure to not lose your lunch money. And most of all have fun. I look forward to seeing pictures of Harley's nephew.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Harley spreadin' the love ...... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts