Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't know how to create these. There is someone on Scrapblog who did an awesome job with a photo of a horse. I was bored and thought I'd give it a try. Not the greatest, but it was fun!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
I think it turned out great. You have been making some amazing photo special effects of late. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
It looks great! I especially love the caption! Rik has something with a similar effect in his signature (unless he's changed it recently) that I am absolutely in love with. I've been meaning to ask him how he did it, but never got around to it.

Julie and Jersey

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! My son told me he would give me some photoshop lessons. I'm going to take him up on it. This was very simple. However, it looks nothing like the awesome one she created. I'm going to keep practicing! I'm going to check out Rik's signature. He does awesome work.

I checked out his signature. It's wonderful! I think I can create one just like it!!! I'll have to play. Thank you Julie. Now I have something to do when I come home from work tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Thank you! My son told me he would give me some photoshop lessons. I'm going to take him up on it. This was very simple. However, it looks nothing like the awesome one she created. I'm going to keep practicing! I'm going to check out Rik's signature. He does awesome work.

I checked out his signature. It's wonderful! I think I can create one just like it!!! I'll have to play. Thank you Julie. Now I have something to do when I come home from work tomorrow.
I thought you'd enjoy that! Can't wait to see what else you come up with!!

Julie and Jersey

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That is just too cool. You are so talented, I dont have the patience to do something like that.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That is just too cool. You are so talented, I dont have the patience to do something like that.
Sure you do. Go to Scrapblog.com and start playing. You learn a little at a time and then start experimenting. The only problem is if you are like me, you will think about all the things you could have done to make a photo look better. Just like I did with this one. I'm going to tweak it and then see what my thoughts bring about. You can all be the judges...:)

Tweaking...Be gentle... I have no instructions, but putting my thoughts down on paper...

·
Missing my Boys...
3,980 Posts
Sure you do. Go to Scrapblog.com and start playing. You learn a little at a time and then start experimenting. The only problem is if you are like me, you will think about all the things you could have done to make a photo look better. Just like I did with this one. I'm going to tweek it and then see what my thoughts bring about. You can all be the judges...:)
Kimm, I will be a judge YOU WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You,

June

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
Ok, are you photoshopping his head back into the picture after you've framed the original pic? That's the only way I can think to get his head outside of the frame. I'm terrible with photoshop. I need to learn to use their tools. Scrapblog is much easier for me...but doesn't offer the same outcome as photoshop. I have found a way to remove the 'halo' effect around the cropped image. I change the color of the shadow to match the back ground image. It doesn't work with every background, but does with most.

Great job, now you've got me 'thinking' too....and I don't have time to play today....darnit!

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Paula,

Think! If you think about it you will figure it out. I do not know how to use photoshop. I did this using SB. All I had to do was copy a second image and then crop his head off. Sounds funny! LOL Then I placed it carefully over the second photo. If you have a dog running, you can do some cool manipulations. Rik's photo has set me on a path for this afternoon. I don't have many photos of my guys running though. I may have to borrow someone's action photo, but I'll PM it to them and let them post it.

Another tool that I probably could have used was to only keep the outside of image and then place the head into position. In fact, this may be a better way to go.

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
I think Rik uses photoshop and did a bunch of those out-of-frame images after he took a class.

Kimm - I love the pic and the caption.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,080 Posts
Paula,

Think! If you think about it you will figure it out. I do not know how to use photoshop. I did this using SB. All I had to do was copy a second image and then crop his head off. Sounds funny! LOL They I placed it carefully over the second photo. If you have a dog running, you can do some cool manipulations. Rik's photo has set me on a path for this afternoon. I don't have many photos of my guys running though. I may have to borrow someone's action photo, but I'll PM it to them and let them post it.

Another tool that I probably could have used was to only keep the outside of image and then place the head into position. In fact, this may be a better way to go.
Is there a link to Rik's photo or where can we find it???? Got to figure this out!!! Thanks...

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
It's a Golden-Giraffe!

I really don't know how to create these. There is someone on Scrapblog who did an awesome job with a photo of a horse. I was bored and thought I'd give it a try. Not the greatest, but it was fun!

·
Registered
274 Posts
It is nice! I hope to see more of your creations soon!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts