Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Open VS Closed Tribute Thread

• Open thread for only Tribute stories- No comments

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Closed thread- you post elsewhere and contact a Mod.

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
16,472 Posts
Update:

The Mod team has come up with a 3rd option we may do for this. It would involve putting this "open" thread into its very own sub forum. However this would be the only thread allowed in the sub-forum. The reason for this is I then can place a "Moderation" setting on the sub forum so that nothing will show up when posted until Moderator approved.

The owners of this board do not like the deleting threads once posted if at all possible ( other than spam) so to keep this policy in play this option of sub forum moderation will be used.

So if you were to post anything to the area you would get the below message (in Attachment). Once a Moderator had a chance to review your message it would either be approved or not approved.

Many forums use this function on all new members ( until they reach a certain post number) to weed out spammers when trying to post spam on the board but it can also be used in the manner I have described as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,641 Posts
So one thread in one sub-forum that members can post their own stories to, it's just posts require mod approval?

I like it!!!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
That sounds great Rob...lets do it.:) Perhaps we could name the sub forum "A Personal Tribute To Our Bridge Kids" or something along those lines. I'm all set to submit my Tribute.:)

Pete & Woody

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
41 - 49 of 49 Posts