Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Boudiga
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, her little brother isn't even here and her loyalties are already shifting :D

we got the crib set up, and Faith has decided it's a good place to sleep against. sorry for the lousy quality, but it's from my camera phone.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
awww how cute!!!! :D

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
She is going to be the best big sister.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
That's a good sign :) Goldens and kids can be really special. One of my boys many years ago refused to leave the nursery when the new baby came home. Up until then he had slept in bed with the older kids, making the rounds at night. After the new baby had been home a couple of weeks, the entire family was woken up by his frantic barking. Turns out the baby had stopped breathing-SIDS-and thanks to Nick, they were able to get her started again. We always wondered if he somehow sensed something before, or was it just his protective instinct telling him to stay with her every night.

·
Boudiga
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks all - i think she's going to be an awesome big sister too. of course, it's probably going to take her getting used to the idea that not every stuffed animal is hers anymore....

we're letting her sniff anything and get her scent all over whatever so that she's not overly curious about it later on. i assume she'll claim the new throw rug i have for the room immediately. :)

and, what a story about the golden and baby with SIDS!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts