Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Bailey Boy~ Best Friend
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share with others, especially first time owners who are trying to be diligent.....

-bought a treat pouch from outward hound a few weeks ago. Loved it. had a draw string, etc. Been keeping it in my coat pockets for walks.

The drawstring came out of it this morning and I didn't think anything of it, other than that happened quickly. Took Bello on a long training walk and then free play on a long line, feeding treats from it the whole way from my pocket. Get back inside to fill it for tommorrow and the lining - a perfect size to swallow is gone. Somewhere on my walk it had to fall out.

I'm paranoid it's already been swallowed. There was one part of the walk where I was ahead of him with the long line. Or that I won't find it and either he will on a walk or another animal will.

I thought it was better made than that. Use your pockets, keep them clean and check before you buy. Had I done that Ii'd not have purchased it and would not be worried/pup at risk. I like the brand a great deal and have other items from them...

·
Bailey Boy~ Best Friend
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to mention it was dark and hands cold, etc....Been out looking for it for a half hour.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I go through this about once a week, sort of. Because of my work schedule and the short days, I always get the night-time walk. I don't know half the stuff that Casper picks up and swallows.

I hope the part turns up and/or the pup is OK!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts