Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot to brag on Gabby's first "private" lesson. It was actually 3 people and dogs (Art, my friend Dawn and I) we each paid for a 30 min private and got 90 min of training in. It was great.

First Gabby got introduced to the full height dog walk. She had been doing it at 3' in class like a pro. My concern was, there was a tunnel under the down side and the last time she had that picture she was unsure. This was at full height, so we put humans next to the dog walk on both sides of the tunnel and dog walk, just had her do the DW. She did get REALLY cautious over the tunnel the first time, but appropriately, and she crossed and I praised her heavily. She did not look again but we did it and slowly weaned the people away.

Then we did the DW with a right hand 'flip' into a tunnel. Gabby got really good at that. She loves tunnels, it is so much easier when your dog wants to go in the tunnel. Belle never wanted to but would because she had to.

Then we did a sequence: table, chute, jump, out around a cone, weave entry (only 2 poles). We back chained that for Goo, and she did really super well even hit the weave entry more than once! She has never done straight weaves, only channels.

We finished doing the table into the tunnel (under the DW) out to a jump, 45 degree turn, another jump, wrap, back to the first jump back into the tunnel. May I say... little Gabby can SERIOUSLY wrap tight when she knows what the game is. She is fast too. I kept getting too far ahead, anticipating her speed out of the tunnel and she would miss the jump or drop the bar or not turn... I learned to wait for her, so I can show her motion, and deceleration, at the turn. She got so darn fast doing it that way then she was like a bullet back into the tunnel the second time.

We are having another one on Saturday but it will just be Quinn and Gabby.

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
How fun! Wish I could have joined you guys!! Would you be able to video tape next Saturday?

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How fun! Wish I could have joined you guys!! Would you be able to video tape next Saturday?
Maybe a little. I can ask Art. I would like to see her myself. :)

·
where the tails wag
13,359 Posts
Wowo - sounds like an awesome session. Little bullets are good once we learn how to steer from behind!!

·
Registered
21,099 Posts
Great job Gooey!!! She's can do it all, love the Goo!

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Sounds awesome!!! I would love to see a video as well! I think you are right on about "I learned to wait for her, so I can show her motion, and deceleration, at the turn"

I love the goo too!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts