Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's hard to believe that it has been exactly 1 year today since my Lucy had to leave me. I miss her just as much today as I did then.

A light went out in my heart that day, and it hasn't come back on again.

Although she sent me a little kitten to try to make me smile again......

I miss you Lucy you were my friend, my partner, my defender,my love , my life. And I was your love, your leader, your life.

You were mine, faithful and true,to the last beat of your heart. And I will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of mine.

Missing my girl so very very much.

I love you girly.... till we meet again. xxx

LUCY GIRL 120.JPG

IMG_0074.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
These anniversaries of our precious Golden's leaving us for the Bridge are so difficult. Wow, one year since Lucy left to join Barkley and the other dogs waiting for us across the divide. You have been through so much this past year, with Lucy's loss and the devastating earthquake in Japan--sending you lots of cyber hugs and comforting prayers.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Keeping you in our thoughts on this very difficult bridge day. I love the pix, esp. the first one. That beautiful girl had so much character. I can tell she had such a beautiful soul!

·
Gunner and Honey's Mom
5,624 Posts
You sure have had a tough year, Tracy. I'm so sorry. Hugs to you from Gunner and me.

Reactions: lucysmum

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Tracy

Tracy

It is SO HARD to believe that Lucy has been gone a year. I know how much these anniversaries hurt. I am sure that Snobear and Smooch are keeping her company!

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Anniversaries are so hard... Run free Lucy...

Lucy'sMom- we will all be thinking about you today.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,074 Posts
Thinking of you today on the anniversary of Lucy`s passing......these days are so tough. She was such a beautiful girl.

The picture of your footprints with hers made me tear up.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I started tearing up with your pictures of you and Lucy. It is hard to believe that it has been a year since she has passed. My heart goes out to you with everything you have been thru this year. Lucy has been watching out for you thru everything and I know she would be very proud of you.

She was such a beautiful girl.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I lvoe Lucy's pawprints intertwined with your footprints. That is just what it was like when she was here.

I hope 2012 brings you only wonderful things from here on out.

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
Hugs to you on this sad anniversary. This date holds signficance for me too. I can't believe she's been gone a year, it doesn't seem like it. Though for you it probably feels like forever and yesterday all at once.

Absolutely love the pawprints/footprints picture. I hope you have that one framed.

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
I think of 2011 as a monster that stole so many of our beloved Goldens. I am glad to put that year behind us - good riddance!

For a long time your thread about Lucy was the first thing I read on the GRF each day... and also the last. I am so sorry that you lost her, and so glad that she had you to care for her.

Hugs and prayers on this awful anniversary,
Lucy

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all so much for sending me messages.

I know many of you have your own heartaches that you are dealing with, but still take time for Lucy, me and my children. It really means alot.:--heart:
I decided to do something as a tribute and I have put it in another thread....... 'Tattoo'

If you have time take a look.

Sending you all love and hugs for 2012... I really, really pray that it will be much, much better for us all.

Tracy

·
Registered
774 Posts
Tracy,

It's been so long since we talked! Hugs to you (although belated) during this difficult time. I hope your daughter is doing better as well :)

Really beautiful pictures of you and Lucy.. I love the foot/paw prints!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I truly hope 2012 is a better year for your, you have had such a tough time.
I love footprint pictures and yours says so much of how your paths crossed together, love it. Sending hugs at this difficult time.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Sitting here crying reading your beautiful post and looking at your gorgeous photos. The first two of you and Lucy could be of my lovely Cracker and I and like you I miss her the same today as I did when she left me almost two years ago...I adore Chester but I learned they each have their own seperate places in my heart and Crackers place aches. I am so sorry you lost Lucy, what a lovely girly. Losing our pups really stinks, theres no other word for it. Sending you a big hug from across the pond, all you said in your words is everything I would say too. Lucy was so lucky to have you. x

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Tracy

Tracy

I am going to look at tatoo!

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Anniversaries are so very hard for us that are left behind, I am sure that Lucy is always watching over you, and try and remember she will always be with you because she is nestled so safely in your hearts

Run free, sleep softly Lucy

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
Time goes, but pain stays. I am sorry.
Hugs to you.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I'm just seeing this, but wanted to send belated hugs and warm thoughts. Your sweet Lucy..... just remember she's not far.. just behind the thin veil that separates this life from the hereafter.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts