Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last night I received a phone call from my cousin Lauralee. They had to put one of their beloved Golden's down. Dyna had been ill for a while and yesterday, when they had her to the vet, they found a huge tumor in her stomach area that was bleeding out. They've been caring for Dyna for quite a while now and managed to keep her going for another 18 months.
Dyna is my Mojo's auntie. She was the clown, the cut-up artist, the goof-ball and the chow-hound. Her coat was the most gorgeous deep red with long feathers. Her face was comical with the expressions she made but her personality was everything you know a golden to be. Warm, loving, kind, gentle and sweet. Lauralee used to call Dyn her "ditsy Dyna, dozy Dyna. Lauralee works for Purina in the Breeder Referral club so she's always away at dog shows. Sometimes she would take her Golden's with her and they always did her proud. They are a group of well-behaved dogs that love the attention (not to mention - treats) they get when they do a show. A favourite was always Dyna.
Even though Lauralee has other dogs (3 other Golden's, a JRT & a wire-haired Dachshund) she will greatly miss this gentle soul as will we all.
Please everyone, give your golden a hug and tummy rub for me. They are so very precious.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I will give all my furbabies an extra hug and belly rub as I think of Dinah.It's never easy to hear of a Golden passing,but cancer is the worst.We lost my wifes canine companion to cancer after having the tumors removed(11 of them).They grew back very fast and we could only stand by helplessly and watch him die.

Shane

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shane: It seems that you do all you can and then it's still not enough. Thank goodness they're such forgiving animals.

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your cousin's dog Mojosmum. My own Sasha died 4 weeks ago today. I miss her so much. I still can't believe she is gone and will never come back again. I am enjoying reading about everyone else's goldens especially the stories of those who are just starting out with a new pup. This forum is such a blessing to me and I'm so happy that I came across it by accident ,particularly since I have never had a computer before and I've only had this one for a week! Someday I'll get another golden but not yet. They are the most wonderful dogs!

·
Mom to Holly and Rosie
3,174 Posts
Sasha's Mom

I'm so sorry about your loss. It's so hard to lose these wonderful companions. I cried and cried over the loss of my beloved "Molly" a few years ago. I was surprised with "Holly" a year later. I will never forget Molly and and joy she gave us. I wish I had this forum as support during that sad time. My older golden, Jenny, is almost 14 and I dread the day I have to say goodbye. Hopefully visits here will keep you smiling during your grieving process.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
sasha's mom - Please accept this big hug from my pooches and me. I'm glad you've found this site because the people here are very understanding and kind. All you have to do is read over some of the posts to know what I'm talking about. Just know that you have friends here....all you have to do is let your fingers do the walking (over the keys, that is) and we'll gladly try to help you through this sad time.
Hugs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.