Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A customer of mine (lovely couple) who have become friends over the years are looking to rescue a golden. We are in IL.
They lost a golden to cancer at the age of about 11 or 12, and then rescued an 8 year old girl in the beginnings of kidney failure. She lived about 3 loving, wonderful years with them before losing her battle with the disease.
They are now ready to rescue another golden. They said that they don't care if it's a male or female, and age doesn't matter but I *think* they mean that older dogs are okay. I don't think they want to deal with puppy antics, but I will verify that with them.
They do not have a fenced yard, but I can certainly give a good reference for them and the fantastic loving home they provide their dogs.
Again I will check this with them, but I don't think they are interested in an older dog coming directly from a breeder.
I've suggested they join the forum!
Anyone who has a dog that they should consider please post here or feel free to PM me!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes, As Good as Golden has some dogs available now. There's a dog in Mukwanago at Golden Retriever Rescue of WI. Libby has been in foster for over a year, looks like she's hard to adopt because she's not well. I'd love to help the sweet girl out but I've got a rambunctious puppy that she couldn't tolerate. They want her to go to a home as the only dog. Check her out please! It would be a bit of a ride, I know. But she looks like a great girl!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As Good as Gold won't talk to them. They don't have a fence.
They tried to adopt from them 3 years ago, it's a long story and one that totally turned them off from AGAG.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Hotelfordogs

Hotelfordogs

Thanks! Don't understand having to have a fence.
There are other Golden Ret. Rescues in IL, IN, WI, and also if they go to Petfinder.com and put in Breed, Age, etc. they are looking for and their location it will bring up all the Golden Rets. in Shelters, etc.

Here is Golden Ret. Rescue of WI
http://grrow.org/grrowi/dogs+currently++in+foster+care/default.asp

**they SHOULD ALSO check out Dirk's Fund!! Mary is so wonderful!!

http://www.dirksfund.com/

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks much! I'll pass on the information to them, and hopefully they will be on the forum soon.
They did clarify that they would consider a golden from about 6 months or older.

·
Angel Gage's Grandma
8,017 Posts
I'd bet this forum could put together a transport, too, to get a dog from one place to another if your friends find a golden they like in another part of the country.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm in Iowa... I had someone contact me last week about placing their almost 1 yr old. They don't have time for him, "he's just outside" is the comment made to me... no training... she didn't "think" he was neutered!!! WHAT! She didn't even KNOW that... I don't know if your friends would be interested in this dog, but I can make contact with the current owner and see if they still have him...???? He might be a handful, but you know he will be starved for love and attention!!!!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Thanks

Thanks, Dave!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks, I'm emailing this to them right now!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:--big_grin::--big_grin::--big_grin:they looked at peyton's link and fell in love with her face!
They just emailed Dirk's Fund to see what they need to do to start the adoption procedures. I think a transport might be needed, though, I think it said she was in their pacific location?????

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just realized their Pacific location is Pacific, MO, LOL! I was thinking the Pacific coast, LOL!

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
Peyton is going to have to have knee surgery, and Seely just had a pin taken out of her ankle , from being hit by a car. We HAVE adopted to people who dont have fences , but its a case by case. Bob wont adopted without them coming down and meeting the dog first.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Mary, hopefully you have an email there from them by now!

Peyton is going to have to have knee surgery, and Seely just had a pin taken out of her ankle , from being hit by a car. We HAVE adopted to people who dont have fences , but its a case by case. Bob wont adopted without them coming down and meeting the dog first.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Hoping

Hoping this wonderful couple and Mary and Bob can all find the right Golden Ret. for them.

Mindy: Libby is so sweet, but having just lost their Golden Ret., they might be more inclined to get a little bit younger dog.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Seely

Seely has a sad story.

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14582304

Seely

Golden Retriever
Large Young Female Dog Click to see
full size

Printer friendly Email a friend Enlarge photo More About SeelySeely is being kept in a foster home until she recovers from her ankle surgery (November 2009) She is less than 1 year old and is a beautiful blonde. A good samaritan saw her head pop up while he was driving down a country road. She was in a ditch on the side of the road. She is full of tar from the road. and has a broken foot bone. We will repair the foot and remove the tar. Her tail is always wagging. This is a very happy and sweet girl. The minimum donation for Seely has not been set yet. The donation will include her spay, all shots, a microchip and a complete physical. If you are interested in adopting Seely or any of our critters, please go to www.dirksfund.com and fill out the Adoption Application. Seely is up-to-date with routine shots and spayed/neutered.
My Contact InfoDirk's Fund
Saint Louis, MO
314 966 3326
[email protected]
http://www.petfinder.com/shelterSearch/shelterSearch.cgi?shelterid=MO261

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts