Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She was very involved in the local GRC, for decades. She taught me a lot about Goldens and what was best for the breed.

For over 15 years, she has been fighting breast cancer. Amazing when you consider it was stage 4 when it was discovered.

Last Spring, she lost her mother and her "last" Golden (only fours years old and she knew she wouldn't live to have another puppy). That was the point when we start to lose her.

She was the type of person who always made you feel like she was your best friend - and what a wonderful friend.
Her service has to be moved from her church to a bigger building because so many of us will going for the family.

I am sad for us, but happy that she is young and healthy again. She is back with her Goldens, waiting for the last two to arrive some day. She will be missed.

·
& Sawyer's & Quinn's too!
2,740 Posts
I'm so sorry - What a special person. I hope her Goldens greeted her with excited tails and lots of kisses!

Reactions: Karen519

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I'm so sorry. She sounds like a remarkable woman and wonderful friend. Godspeed to her, and prayers for all who loved her.

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
My heart aches for you. I'm so sorry for your loss. I like to think those who leave us mourning their passing have rejoined the people and animals they loved who are waiting for them in the next life.

Peace be with you.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I'm so sorry that you've lost someone so obviously strong and courageous. May her family be surrounded by the same strength and courage at this time.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Sorry for the loss of your friend and mentor...peace to those that loved her..

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,826 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your friend, she sounded like a wonderful person and loved by many. I know she will be missed.

Thoughts and prayers to her friends, family and all who loved her.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Baja

Baja

I am SO VERY SORRY about your SPECIAL FRIEND-She certainly does sound special.

May she rest in peace and we know she will be reunited with all she loves-human and canines.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. It's hard to lose them no matter what age. What a brave fighter against breast cancer your friend was!

I lost a friend from college a couple of weeks ago. We lost track with him over the years. I've enjoyed reading all the tributes to his life in the online obituary written by all of his "adult" friends--and he lived like he did in college--a good friend, always willing to help, and always thinking about friends and family.

·
Registered
12,724 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like she was a remarkable person.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
So sorry for the loss of your dear friend. Losing a loved one is never without pain. Sounds like your friend was a golden girl through and through.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts