Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Shameless and Proud
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sigh...

I am in bed chugging away at my work and Moxie of course is in bed with me as wel napping when I notice a weird bulge on her leg.I wake her up stand her up and examine her. Once I decided it was a lumpmy dad had to investigate, he thought it was muscle, but I can tell it's not. Small now (golf ball sized) and when I sent pictures to my vet tech friend he could tell right away.

I will monitor it closely of course and any growth will have her in the vets office immediately.

She is holding up the foot when she goes down the stairs but that she is done since I had her.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
oh no, I feel badly for you and for her. Be sure to get it checked out! Chances are it's a fatty lump, but still.....
good wishes coming your way!

·
3 goldens
12,182 Posts
I will keep her in my prayers that it is nothing. Honey had a Mast Cell Tumor removed from her leg about 6 months ago and since we hae found 3 tiny pera size lps---all of which turned out to be nothing.

This morning hubby got in from the road andwas laying on the bed with honey. She was on her back and all of a sudden h was almost screaming at me that Honey had a big lump on her side. I tore to the bed and started feeling--and iwas a rib!

·
Shameless and Proud
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So nerve racking!! It is small now but unlike the moles that she has had recently, she does need her teeth cleaned so I will be working on getting that done and will probably have the lump removed/biopsied at that time as well. Just need to get back from work this month so I have the money to do it.

She was literally just at the vet too...

And I was there yesterday with dogs that I pet sit. one of the dogs have a UTI and the owner calls and the secretary goes, "you have an awesome petsitter, she got him right in, knew something was wrong, got the right tests done, and now has something to make him feel better."

·
Shameless and Proud
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Moxie's lump is going down it was a reaction to the rabies vaccine.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Phew...That had to be a big scare. Having had seniors in the past I know the feeling well. Glad everything is fine.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Good that it is going down. Moxie dont scare your Mom and us like that.

·
& Romeo's mom
732 Posts
Moxie's lump is going down it was a reaction to the rabies vaccine.
That happened to me too. I found a lump and freaked. Turns out it was the vaccine site and it went away in about a month.

·
Shameless and Proud
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We were thinking and my boss was very kind to offer to call her vet and as we were driving I randomly thought oooh reaction to rabies vaccine!!! And it started to go down right after that!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts