Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday, I attended our dog club's annual Christmas party for the first time. It was an absolute blast!!!! Dogs were included & games were organized for you and your dog (with dog related prizes). All of the attendees were arranged into two teams - the "Brilliants" & the "Clevers" and the dogs donned their appropriate coloured Christmas scarves. We played musical chairs, Simple Simon, Tic-Tac-Toe, a timed dice game & a fun "rally" course where your dog's obedience skills (& my listening skills ;)) were sure put to the test. There was even a 15 week puppy who participated in all of the games!!!!!!!!

I took Razz and a very sad Nyg was left at home with his human dad who had been away all week. I must admit that Razz was groomed and didn't require as much preparation for the party as Nyg would have :uhoh::uhoh:

The dog games were followed by an amazing pot luck including turkey along with all the usual side dishes, salads, nibblers, and, of course, DESSERT!!!!! (all no calorie of course :p::p:)

What a fun way to spend a great day with your furkid, get some exercise (yes, we WORKED our hearts & muscles during the games :wavey::wavey:) and spend a day with others who enjoy the same interests.

I can't wait till next year!

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Sounds like a wonderful party!! It's too bad that all of the GRF members are spread all around the world, because it would have been so much fun to have a Christmas party like that :D

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
My training group's party in on Thursday. Diesel will be sad not to go this year.

Last year we played 'Fetch the sausage'. Only one dog brought it back instead of eating it and guess what? It wasn't Willow!

Sounds like your party was great fun!

·
Supreme Member
4,621 Posts
My training group's party in on Thursday. Diesel will be sad not to go this year.

Last year we played 'Fetch the sausage'. Only one dog brought it back instead of eating it and guess what? It wasn't Willow!

Sounds like your party was great fun!
The dogs Training Party is on Dec. 16th. There is a Gift Exchange.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That sounds like it was so much fun. I agree where are all the pictures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts