Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Let's not forget what eating all these live and dead animals are introducing into our doggies' intestinal tracts! I kept Abbey (and now, Tabitha) on Sentinal to help with killing off some those parasites.

One of the greatest treats in the dog world is cat poop. They love it! As we walk Tabitha through our woods, I am constantly on the watch for her picking up feral cat leavings. And raccoon poop ... they don't eat it, but they sure do love to roll in it!!! I have had to give more unplanned baths from raccoon poop rolls than I care to think about. Man, talk about disgusting!

·
Registered
526 Posts
We have lots of Canadian geese around, and Woody loves their poop. He usually leaves other poop and dead animals alone, thank goodness. But he just loves that stuff :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Rolling! Dont talk to me about rolling! We dont get racoon poop thank god, but fox and badger are bad enough. If one doesnt find it the other does and shows the others.Then its baths all round.

Why dont they like soapy water as much as stagnant pond water?

Its been dry here just reacently so all the local dairy farmers have been out muck and slurry spreading. its all over the roads, and all over all the fields we normally walk thro- and its the best stuff ever for eating and rolling and the smell just DOES NOT wash off!

So now despite being in the middle of great walks, I load them all in the car and go to the forestry commision wood about 5 miles away,so much for cutting down car use for global warming!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts