Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
There are just some dumb people out there. She went from beautiful to mutt just because Craigslist was mentioned.

I was always skeptical of Craigslist, but this is how we found our puppy. While there may be sketchy people on it, we used our common sense and best judgement to decide if we wanted to purchase from our breeder. Turns out, our breeder was the most kind and caring GR breeder we could find. We were lucky and you were too.

If I were in your situation, I'm not so sure I could handle it with grace. If random stranger said anything negative about our girl, I would knock them out.

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
This is a sort of rant, I'm not sure what section it belongs in. Last weekend I was walking my dog Kiki and this woman stops in front of us. She says, "Beautiful dog, where did you get her?'. I said, "I got her from a family that didn't want her off Craigslist." Next thing I know, I get this lecture from her like she's my mother "You shouldn't support that kind of thing." "Don't you know how many dogs end up in shelters?" "Her pedigree probably isn't good, she might even be a mutt". I know what she said was wrong and I still love Kiki no matter what but I can't help but feel a little ashamed after such a scolding.
Where does that idiot think the unsold Craiglist dogs from private owners end up?! This woman's statements are clearly confusing! Get from a shelter and your dog might be a mutt?! Most dogs in shelters are mutts.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts