Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
16,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As of January 1st, 2012 the Forum Management team has decided it will no longer continue and/or run the monthly photo contest. We feel this responsibility no longer needs to be done by Mods or Admins. Now that being said, we feel that the monthly photo contest and forum does not need to end. If there any board members that may be interested in taking this over and running it each month please send me a PM of your interest.

If you are interested here is what we ask;

You have been an active board member here for at least a year.

You have a good knowledge on how to post pictures and to be able to help others with this if needed.

You have a good knowledge on how to create polls that also have pictures of each member’s pictures and name above it in the posts for the polls. (Please see older polls as examples)

If you are comfortable with this please send me a PM. I will take all interested names up to December 30, 2011. After that the Forum Management team will select the member to run and manage the monthly photo contests.

Thanks

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
Bumping up I really hope someone will do this. The photo contest is one of my favorite parts of the forum !!

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Question--if a member is a fast learner could the Mods basically give a quick tutorial the first month or so and be available for questions should the person taking this over have some at first?

·
Administrator
16,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Question--if a member is a fast learner could the Mods basically give a quick tutorial the first month or so and be available for questions should the person taking this over have some at first?
If a member has made polls posts before, and has posted pictures with captions above them in other posts, it is basically putting this all together at polling time. Whoever the job goes to I am sure any Mod would be willing to help with questions they may have.

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
How about Pointgold. She would have to agree to do it for a year to get temporary ban off.
Usually someone is banned for a reason. I also would be a little bothered by this because if you let one person off a ban you should let all. I was on a forum where the Mods/Admins picked favorites. A valued member was banned and then allowed back a month before her ban was up. She continued to pull stunts and was never banned.

I would be pretty upset if I was banned off a forum and saw someone was allowed back early or at all if it was a perm ban

·
Administrator
16,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I am not sure why this topic is turning into a discussion on bannings? Let's keep this focused on whether anyone is willing to take on the job of managing the Monthly Photo contests. So far members interested and submitted their names have been let's say, slim to almost none...... May be that will change in the next few days.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
bumping up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.