Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Yuki's mom...Syd
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yuki is older now so i am confused about feeding time. how many times do i feed him and how much?

i was browsing the net for feeding plans and one of the sites said to feed the pup twice a day after he is 8 weeks old. few years ago, when i had my other pup, the vet had suggested to feed it thrice a day until she was 6 months old. this is confusing me a little. if i feed him twice a day, wont the pup be very hungry? Yuki barks and whines when he is hungry.

for past month i have been feeding him at 8am, 12pm, 4pm, 8pm and 12am. the vet had suggested me to feed him every 4 hrs cuz he was pretty small (less than 4 weeks old). first i was giving him puppy milk-formula, now i have successfully switched to puppy food from Eukanuba and giving him 1 scoop (2/3 cup) per meal soaked in water. he sometimes walks away from food but sometimes eats it all and whines for more.

can anyone suggest a feeding plan for me based on my pup's age :( it will be really helpful for me.

P.S: the ticker below shows his current age. (-_-) um...i get confused about his age in "weeks".

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Since he is 8 months, I think you can at least move down to 4 times a day, or even 3 times. I was feeding Beamer breakfast, lunch, and dinner at that age. I switched him to twice a day around 5 months of age (but that was because of my schedule change). I probably would have changed him around 4 months if not for my own schedule.

Reactions: Yuki

·
Premium Member
18,410 Posts
8 Weeks old you can feed 4 or 3 times a day, I think you could change to 2 times a day around 5 to 6 months.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
At 8 weeks I'd feed 3 times a day. Take the normal amount you've been feeding daily and divide into 3 meals.

·
Yuki's mom...Syd
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he is 10 weeks old now....i think. =/ i tried feeding him 3 times but he got whiney and made the "poor lil pup" kinda face and wasnt active either. i am feeding him 4 times and he is better now but seems like he hasnt adjusted to the feeding time change. :( guess it will take some time for him to accept the change in time and food amount.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The breeder I got my girl from was feeding 2 times a day. She was 7 weeks whe I picked her up. Just kept with that.. In the morning and around 5 or so.. She sometimes plays with Kong Wobbler in the evening..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts