Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

A big thank-you from a new forum member

682 views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  MikaTallulah 
#1 ·
Hello - I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been "snooping" on this forum for months now, as we've had Tucker in our lives since July of this past summer. Hard to believe he's seven months old now! I just wanted to thank you all for such useful, funny, and uplifting info as I read the various posts I've come across! We thought we were crazy when we decided to bring a pup into our already- large family (a 2 year old, six year old, seven year old plus two cats!) but I have to say, things are going incredibly well so far. Tucker is a crazy, high-energy, loveable dog, who seems to really get it that he needs to be gentle with the kids. It's amazing to me that we've had very few issues as we've introduced him to our home. We did use all the tricks in the book, though, including bitter apple, baby gates everywhere, crating, easy walk harness, early obedience/puppy kindergarten etc. Again, we never would have known to use all those tricks if it weren't for this forum - so thank you all! As Tucker approaches his unpredictable adolescent phase, I'm sure you'll be seeing posts from us more and more. Some of his antics lately have been less than desirable (for example, the glove he ate off of a friendly stranger's hand on our walk last night:no: - thank GOD the woman had a sense of humor!). So, Thanks again, and sorry for this long rambling post. I've been wanting to jump on for a long while! Happy Holidays...

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum! I saw the pictures of Tucker... he is a beautiful boy! Enjoy puppyhood while it lasts. Glad to have you here.

#6 ·
Yes, everyday is a new OMG! Especially from those of us with pups, but welcome to the forum. Great people, lots of knowledge so jump right in. Can't wait to see pictures of Tucker.

#10 ·
Off topic

Hi Im new here Im finding new people are not excepted. How do you feel? I have felt attacked and dont plan on spending much time here if all are like this
How can you say "new people are not accepted?". You have only posted twice. That seems like a rash judgement. Did you break a forum rule? I don't see a problem with your 2 posts. So how have you been attacked?

I find most people very supportive of each other but tempers do occasionally flare when passion over take people and common sense. I hope you give us a chance.

Welcome anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.