Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,184 Posts
Noreaster, I too think feeling guilty is only natural and part of the grieving process.

Try not to be so hard on yourself, I think when it's time for our goldens to go, it's completely out of our control as well as the cause.

Try to focus on the wonderful life Boomer had because of you and your family.

I know it doesn't seem possible right now, but the day will come when you think of Boomer, you will be able to smile.

·
Missing You Buzzy
712 Posts
Hi Noreaster,

Im so very sorry for your loss. We lost our 11 year old Golden, Jack, three weeks ago to hemangiosarcoma. It was an awful kind of grief but it does get better with time. We also had zero warning signs and all blood work came back normal but I had this small gut feeling that something was wrong. I, too, found this site the day after he died.
You are not alone! It hurts so much bc we loved them so much.
Last week, we became aware of a golden retriever with severe elbow dysplasia in the pound so we have been pondering the thought of adopting him.
Thoughts are with you. Keep coming back to the site, it's very helpful. People on here are wonderful!

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. I've lost two goldens to hemangio. It's a very aggressive cancer, so quick and deadly.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts