Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know where this post should go, but I wanted to share a film with the GRF family. It's not my film, but a wonderful, heartrending film titled Last Minutes with Oden, about a man who must make the ultimate decision for his sweet doggie suffering from cancer. A lot of us, unfortunately, have been through this with our loved ones and it always, always hurts. Honestly, I love the film because of it's truth and because it really shows the love and respect this man has for his friend - his dog. I know it's sad, but in a way it's so affirming of the love we all have for our dogs.

·
16,000 Posts
I didn't know where this post should go, but I wanted to share a film with the GRF family. It's not my film, but a wonderful, heartrending film titled Last Minutes with Oden, about a man who must make the ultimate decision for his sweet doggie suffering from cancer. A lot of us, unfortunately, have been through this with our loved ones and it always, always hurts. Honestly, I love the film because of it's truth and because it really shows the love and respect this man has for his friend - his dog. I know it's sad, but in a way it's so affirming of the love we all have for our dogs.

It is difficult to watch, but beautiful. It's the hardes part of loving these dogs, to be sure.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Very difficult to watch, as I had to put down my childhood dog a week ago.

But I really enjoyed it. Thank you for posting.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Fortunately I've never had to do this in my lifetime yet. I cried through the whole thing... so sad, yet so full of caring and loving. I'm glad to have been able to share this, it will ready me for the inevitable of "someday", hopefully far far away.

·
Missing my Boys...
3,980 Posts
Tears, tears and more tears, but such a moving film. My daughter had her Snoopy PTS yesterday and it will be one year 12/31/08 since I had Bobby PTS.
Thank You!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
So moving ... now I'm crying and it reminds me of losing my family's springer spaniel, Jake. I agree that it is the hardest part, that they can't be with us forever.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
So beautifully done. There is no greater love....so unconditional. I am typing this through my tears, may his very special friend rest in peace. Thank you for sharing this, as so many of us have felt this same pain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts