Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hudson's girl
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hudson and I were walking the trails at our local forest preserve today. It is a beautiful day here in suburban Chicago and many dog owners were taking advantage of it. Hudson was being a good boy running ahead and then waiting for me to catch up or he would turn around to see if I was still there. Around the bend a lady and her black lab were coming up on us so I called Hudson over to me and held him close so he wouldn't overwhelm the lady and her dog by being his overly-friendly self. The black lab noticed Hudson and pulled her owner so hard she fell flat on her face in the middle of the trail. I was shocked. I asked her if she was ok. I could tell how embarrassed she was and all I thought to tell her was Hudson had done the same thing to me on more than one occasion. I felt so bad for her. I waited until she got up to make sure she was really ok and then Hudson and I continued on our journey. I hate when things happen that make you feel so helpless and useless.

On a lighter note Hudson found a dead mouse and rolled and rolled and rolled in it:yuck:. I had no idea it was a dead mouse. I thought he was just doing what he always does after he digs a little earth up. I finally saw a little, round, gray, fuzzy dead mouse underneath him:doh:.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
yes, it was a lovely day in this area! you should have stopped by the dog show in South Chicago Heights :)

·
Hudson's girl
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, it was a lovely day in this area! you should have stopped by the dog show in South Chicago Heights :)
I would have loved to have gone! I didn't even know about it. I have never been to a dog show before. Would Hudson be able to go or is it just the dogs in the dog show are just allowed?

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That poor lady. Hopefully she is ok and just going to be alittle sore in the morning.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
You HAVE to go to the show on December 18, 19, and 20 at the Rosemont convention center!! It will be a pretty good sized show (much bigger than the show today) and I think you will enjoy it.
Unfortunately, you can't bring dogs that aren't entered.
Look for Team Tito to be there showing in both breed and obedience :)

I would have loved to have gone! I didn't even know about it. I have never been to a dog show before. Would Hudson be able to go or is it just the dogs in the dog show are just allowed?

·
Mandy's Mom
1,488 Posts
Barb, how do us Chicagoland people find out about the dog shows in our area? I would have loved to go, too!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
you ask ME when they are! :p:

Shows next weekend in Kankakee, at the fairgrounds, but will be very small shows. Then Dec. 11 and 12 at the DuPage County fairgrounds. The bigger ones will be Dec. 18,19,20 at the Rosemont, we're showing all 3 days there and would LOVE to see you (and Vince!) there! That's probably the only upcoming ones that are worth going to, IMHO.

Barb, how do us Chicagoland people find out about the dog shows in our area? I would have loved to go, too!

·
Hudson's girl
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You HAVE to go to the show on December 18, 19, and 20 at the Rosemont convention center!! It will be a pretty good sized show (much bigger than the show today) and I think you will enjoy it.
Unfortunately, you can't bring dogs that aren't entered.
Look for Team Tito to be there showing in both breed and obedience :)
I will definitely go and I will definitely look for Team Tito. Thank you so much. I'm so excited.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
That's awesome! I love meeting fellow GRF'rs!

I will definitely go and I will definitely look for Team Tito. Thank you so much. I'm so excited.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Thanks for the info! I am also in suburban Chicago and would love to see the Rosemont show. We have been to the one at McCormick Place, its usually in February.

Kris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts