Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
You really don't want to use it on your Golden. You literally could just keep stripping out healthy hair. Get a good brush. I like Chris Christensen's brushes. I also use a comb and go through my guys. If you want to spend money on something that will really help your Goldens coat and decrease shedding buy a dog blow dryer.

My son has labs and he came and stole my old blow dryer a few weeks ago. This is the same hard core hunting guide that laughed at me blowing my fluffy dog off. He did his yellow lab and it literally looked like snow blowing out of his garage.

I have field bred, conformation bred, and a field puppy that everyone is currently mistaking for a lab. I still won't use a furminator 馃槣

Yup, @SRW I said NO, NO, NO. lol

Registered
I have a Mars Coat King that I use with great results on a spay coat.

Registered
You really don't want to use it on your Golden. You literally could just keep stripping out healthy hair. Get a good brush. I like Chris Christensen's brushes. I also use a comb and go through my guys. If you want to spend money on something that will really help your Goldens coat and decrease shedding buy a dog blow dryer.

My son has labs and he came and stole my old blow dryer a few weeks ago. This is the same hard core hunting guide that laughed at me blowing my fluffy dog off. He did his yellow lab and it literally looked like snow blowing out of his garage.

I have field bred, conformation bred, and a field puppy that everyone is currently mistaking for a lab. I still won't use a furminator 馃槣

Yup, @SRW I said NO, NO, NO. lol
Thank you! I haven't used the fulminator in months and only use a pin brush but the hair still has fly always and feels damaged. I also need to purchase a hair dryer bc have heard wonderful things about how helpful they are. Do you have one you prefer? Also, Do you use the G or the K of the Chris Christensen brushes? Thank you!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts