Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
lukin
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few days have been a absolute nightmare for my golden. this past 2 weeks I have changed over from puppy to adult. His obedience and temperment has not been the same since. Is this change normal around the 9 month mark??

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to the "Teenage Years". Did he seem to suddenly forget everything he ever learned? It is very normal. Just double up the training for a couple of months and it will all come back.

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Yes, Yes, Yes!!! The bad teen months....keep working on training and be firm with him. Alot of people will give you good advice on here, take all you can get :) Chester was so bad and 9 and 10 months I thought we picked the wrong breed. Chester is 2 now and a very good boy...so much so we got him a little brother. Things will get better...

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
ahhhh yes.... :) adolescence...

Stay calm... stick to a routine...increase your obedience...increase his exercise...practice management techniques....patience.

If you can stick with him for the next 6 months or so... youre gonna have a wonderful, grown up, Golden.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,076 Posts
I didn't really notice a big change in Austin....he's pretty well behaved and a big goofball all of the time.....however, it might be different with Lincoln...he's just hitting 9 months next week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts