Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, My boy Paddy had a seizure about 2 weeks ago after coming back from a walk and during being washed.

We took him to 2 vets and he had blood work done to which both said he was fine and in excellent health but to monitor him.
However, last night he had another seizure - moments are being fed a piece of beef meatball - this seizure lasted about 2 mins.

He was back to normal within a minute of this seizure wanting to go out for a walk and looking at the rest of the meatballs on the side haha ❤

I am taking him back to the vets today but I’m looking for more advice.

I would love to hear from those on this forum who have any advice or who have successfully dealt with and or stopped the seizures.

Does moving him onto a raw diet help?
CBD oil?
Are there any questions that immediately spring to mind to ask to eliminate potential causes.
Thanks so much in advance any knowledge is helpful!

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,901 Posts
Sorry you did not get any replies to your thread, I moved it into the Seizures section.

Here is a thread that may be of help to you-

It's a long read and a little out of date, but it contains some good info.

Hope you'll come back and update about your boy.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Years ago we had a mixed breed dog who started having seizures at about 2 1/2 years of age. She was diagnosed with epilepsy and the vet prescribed phenobarbital. We watched her diet for triggers but didn't find any.
Unfortunately, at Paddy's age I would be worried about something very serious. Please let us know how he's doing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts