Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dion
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we just brought home our 8 week old golden named Riley. We started to notice that he is holding his right ear kind of funny. It seems to have a fold in the back of his ear. One ear is perfectly symmetrical and the other kind of folds backwards. Our vet told us this was due to teething and not to worry about it. I was just curious if anybody else had this experience and if it should correct itself naturally.

·
Dion
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My puppy's ear is folded back! Tape, massage?

Hi, our 8 1/2 week old golden's ear is folded back. Is this something that should correct itself after teething or is it going to have to be taped. Has anyone had any experience taping ears, or with this situation in question. image.jpg

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,626 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum.
Your pup is so adorable......

I merged your threads together so all your replies would be in the same thread. I also moved it into the Puppy section so it would be seen by more members.

·
Registered
921 Posts
River had a wonky ear during the teething period. Her ears corrected themselves. I had researched this topic and it seemed common. I have a Rottweiler also and I wished I had taped his ears. All the reading I did didn't seem like anyone had to tape their goldens ears. It maybe with certain breeds you have to tape but doesn't seem to be needed with goldens. I would massage her ears while she was chewing a bone near me as a just in case.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts