Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe that it's been 8 months since we lost our gorgeous boy Phoenix. Just seems like yesterday but was March 25. It pains me yet to even think about him and how we lost him. The feelings of guilt I feel are unbearable. He was truly a perfect dog. He was a gentle giant and so lovable...just would do anything to please you.

When I read the thread about David and Maarten, I realized just how guilty I felt. Maarten's passing was beautiful and he had his special daddy and family members with him when he took his last breath. When my beautful boy passed, he was at the vet's office. He took his last breath with only the vet there with him. He waited for someone to be with him and stopped breathing.....but it should have been us with him, not some stranger. I wanted to hug him, hold his head, tell him how much we loved him...but we didn't get the chance. I will never forgive myself for not being there for him. I just hope he knew how much we loved him and cherished him. I vowed after Phoenix that I would never not be with one of my babies when it is his time to go......

LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU TERRIBLY BIG GUY.......XOXOXXO

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I am so sorry that you werent with Phoenix passed on but I am sure that he was surrounded by your love when he passed. The love you share never leaves them even we arent with there. Please do not feel guilty. He knew he was loved.
((((((HUGS)))))

·
Missing Tasha, Sky, & Ral
3,380 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. Phoenix was a beautiful boy. The love you had for him shines through in your post. I am sure he knew how much you loved him when he passed. I hope the wonderful memories you had with Phoenix will bring a smile and comfort you at this time.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
What a handsome boy - it is sad that you could not be with him, but he knows that you loved him so much and he will carry that with him always. Love doesn't die just because you are apart.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
I am so sorry that you werent with Phoenix passed on but I am sure that he was surrounded by your love when he passed. The love you share never leaves them even we arent with there. Please do not feel guilty. He knew he was loved.
((((((HUGS)))))
What a comforting, beautiful thought. And oh so true.

·
RIP Sweet Skyler
9,306 Posts
Always remember his namesake - Phoenix.
To arise from the ashes of despair and spread hope.

Play Hard Sweet Boy ~ Godspeed & Love

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Laurie

Laurie

Those were circumstances beyond your control and I'm sure that Phoenix knew how much you loved him.

We can't always be there.

Phoenix would want you to forgive yourself!!!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I am sorry you were not with your golden boy when he went to the bridge but I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and for whatever reason, he had to pass without you.
Don't doubt though that he didn't know that you loved him. They know.
You are in my thoughts.

Keep him clo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts