Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I have never posted about a personal situation on here before, but I am hoping you can help my friend out. And please, those of you on the lab forums, feel free to share.

Callie is a 7 year old, pure bred Chocolate Lab. She is great with people, loves walks, and retrieving tennis balls. She does great with other dogs and she probably fits best in a quieter home with older kids (10+). There would be no fee if someone would like her to be part of their family.

Callie is in a home with 2 other dogs and a baby. She and the baby aren't getting along too well. Nothing bad has ever happened, but the family is afraid that the baby is causing Callie too much stress. The man is totally broken up about the whole thing and just wants to see her in a good, loving home. She has been his companion for 7 years.

The dog is in Bloomington, IL, which is halfway between St. Louis and Chicago. If anyone is interested, I can help with transport.

The dog is NOT in any danger, so they do not want to send her to a rescue and are willing to keep her until the right home comes along.

Here is a picture - as you can see she is smaller for a lab and in great condition.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She is in great condition and has no known health problems. I'd really like to see this girl find a new home ASAP.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
OMG I saw the post on Face book 2 mins ago and my heart was in my mouth look at my siggy of Nybble but she was a GSP but the likenes is uncanny perhaps not to you on that photo but I have so many, if I was in the USA I would have taken her in a heart beat I so feel for her family having to give her up. I pray that she finds her forever home soon.:crossfing

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Callie

Bogey's Mom

Callie is just a beauty!!

Have you posted her on the lab forum, too?

It's wonderful of you to be looking out for Callie!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to a wonderful family who posted that they were looking for a girl just like Callie, I think she may have found a home. We'll know for sure in a few days. Not bad for 4 hours work! :) She would have a new 7 year old lab brother named Jake who came from the same situation and is now very loved by a local couple with no children who spend all their time loving their furbabies.

Fingers crossed!

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
I miss my chocolate girl, Hershey, and would love to have Callie but my home is NOT quiet. Lots of noisy kids.

Just something to share with Callie's owner....when Hershey was younger she also was bothered by crying babies (I owned a home daycare) and she found some comfort with sleeping in a bed that I put upstairs for her. Things got better as she began to lose her hearing later in life.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Keep us posted

Great Work, Bogey's Mom:

Keep us posted on Callie!!!:):):):):):)

Wouldn't it be wonderful if she would have a brother who is a rescue, too?

Praying Hard!!!!!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE: Two families are lined up for homes. They are going to be interviewed this week. I'll keep everyone posted. Hopefully another one for the list, Kimm!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Bogey's Mom

Bogey's Mom:

That is so WONDERFUL!!

Please keep us posted!!!!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, Karen. She is meeting a woman tomorrow. Unless something goes dramatically wrong she'll be in her new home tomorrow night.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Oh!!!

OH!!!!!!!! Be sure to let us know, Bogey's Mom!!!!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Callie has a new home!!!!!!!! Her new owner Sharon scooped her up the minute they met on Saturday and they are doing awesome. They enjoy each others company so much. Sharon said she finally feels complete - she has been lonely for so long and now Princess Callie came along to save her. I am SO happy.

·
Tucker - Tanner - Cooper
1,624 Posts
Yeah what a happey ending ! Yeah for Callie !

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Bogey's Mom

Bogey's Mom

Great Job!! Maybe you can help me find a home for Copper in N.C. in the Golden Retriever Cases thread.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That is just wonderful!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts