Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone
My Sully just turned 7 months and weighs 39 lbs. Is that average weight for the age? I feed him
4 cups a day total. 1 in the morning, 2 cups at lunch time and 1 cup at 5:30 pm. I am feeding him Purina One Puppy for Large Breed that was suggested by the vet. He has such a delicate tummy. I want to give him bones or treats but many treats hes very sensitive to. Any suggestions on any of this would be so appreciated. Thank you馃惗

Registered
Welcome to the forum. There are others better qualified to comment on size and food. I can say I fed Rukie Purina Pro Plan Focus Large Breed Puppy food and he did really well on it. Now he's on the adult formula . Rukie still thinks his regular dog food kibble is a good treat.

Registered
Purina One and Purina Pro Plan are very different.. you might be able to go to less food if you shift to PPP sensitive stomach. Watch him visually as to when to change the amount, you do not want him to get fat- safer is on the thin side.

Registered
Puppies grow at different rates and some tend to be to heavy and some tend to be a bit skinny, depending of what they are eating and quantity. If your puppy is a fluff ball, it is difficult to tell his true weight. So, when you bath him, look down on his body from behind, when he is all wet. If you can clearly see his ribs, he is a bit to thin. If you can see no ribs, he may be a bit to heavy. If you can barely see any ribs, but can see some, he is probably just right!

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts