Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monty is now 7 months old, and he lifted his leg a last week so I guess that makes him a big boy now?!
I'd love to hear when did your boys lift their legs ( if ever!)

He is now 65lbs, and 22 inches at the withers and he's been such an easy puppy, I guess it really helps that we are all home 24/7 during his puppyhood! Can't believe that he will be a year old in 5 months- time REALLY flies!!!!!

IMG_8311.jpg
IMG_8320.jpg
IMG_8435.jpg
IMG_8460.JPG
IMG_8607.JPG
IMG_8696.JPG
IMG_8631.JPG
IMG_4824.jpg

ED27876C-6F1D-4D3E-A3A4-94BAF92D9F28-3922-000001E35A61CC20.jpg

·
Registered
563 Posts
Beautiful dog family :) I have 2 bigs and a little also. My 110lb lab, Cooper, still rarely lifts his leg at 9yrs old. My little guy will lift all day long and mark on anything outside that doesn't move!
Jules

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,273 Posts
Monty's a handsome guy.

I have an 11 yr. old boy, depending on where we're at determines if he lifts his leg or squats.
When I walk him, he ususally lifts his leg, if he's in the backyard, he squats.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Awww, he's beautiful. All your dogs are so sweet!

Logan is six months and not lifting his leg. Luke, my last Golden, never did.

·
Kate
21,060 Posts
Bet that little dog thinks he's a golden too.... <B

Glee started lifting his leg when he came home at 8 weeks. LOL.

Bertie didn't started leg lifting until after my Jacks died. After that it was like Bertie decided he was the man of the house and he started. Jovi I don't think he started until after I got Glee.

·
Super Moderator
907 Posts
He’s so handsome!! Denver started lifting his leg at 7months as well. Now he rarely squats...or even if he does squat one leg is still a little lifted.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My last golden, Cody, didn’t start lifting his leg at all until maybe 18 months. He would squat as well depending on where he was. My current puppy started lifting his leg at 8 weeks!

·
Super Moderator
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hehe thank you all! i can't wait to see how he grows.

oh wow so interesting that some of them lift as young as 8 weeks!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts