Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little puppy will eat anything in front of him. Currently I am putting about a cup of dry puppy food with water and blend it until it's not all fluid but like half fluid and half small chunks.... anyways today I mixed in some whole pieces and he just swallowed them without chewing. Is this bad? Any recommendations for how much he should eat? I am feeding him about 2-3 cups throughout the day...

Attachments

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to the forum,
Your little guy is really cute. For puppies, I feed 1 cup three times a day. If he is a fast eater, you want to slow him down. Try putting the food in a muffin tin so he has to eat slower. I would not put so much water on the food. There is alot of great information in the puppy section and training section of the forum if you dont get your answers here.
Congrats on the new puppy

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
When Hank was 6 weeks he only ate a total of 1 cup per day, divided to 1/3 c. each of 3 meals. He didn't like it moistened so I mixed in about a tablespoon of canned.

As he grew I added more food. By 3 months he was up to 3 cups total per day (1 cup each meal), no canned added. He's 4.5 months and 40 lbs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bet he will like the can food mixed in... Maybe he will try that later today. Thanks for the advise, it makes me feel a lot better about how he is being fed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts