Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Congratulations to you all on this thread who have managed to kick it. I've attempted numerous times times and always relapsed. Am considering hypnotherapy this year as its one method I haven't tried. Wished I'd never picked up a cigarette in the first place. My diet is clean and I rarely drink, but smoking is my Achilles heel ?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Congratulations on quitting smoking. Still battling to quit trying to ween off using the e cigs but took a step back to cigarette during a stressful holiday. That is over with so hoping to get back off them. One day I hope I can say I am 5 years off them. Very tough habit to break.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Huge Congrats!!

I AM so proud of you!
I know how hard it was.
I quit on June 27, 2011-can't wait until I have five years!!

Reactions: Jennifer1

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Congratulations on kicking that bad habit. I've seen many struggle with it.

For those of you trying to kick the habit, I wish you the best of luck. I've seen great success with those who have exercised more to kick the habit. Do it for your health, your family, and your wallet!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I quit for 6 years and started back.. like a FOOL.

My Daddy has stage 4 COPD and it's not fun to watch.

All he can do to take a shower. He was 6'2" @ 240 in his prime.
He's 140 with a pocket full of rocks right now.

If you don't smoke, don't start. If you do, QUIT!

I getting ready to quit again, I won't NEVER touch another one after that!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Big congratulations to you! I hope you are as proud of yourself as we are! I just quit 7 months ago. I had smoked about a pack a day since I was 15 (I’m 59 now). Quitting was easy - I did it lots of times. However I would always go back.
Chantix helped me, and I hope this is it for me. For you, it is a big milestone, so hold your head high, and remember this if times get hard.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts