Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My almost 5 month old male Golden Retriever Yukon has been holding his right ear kind of funny since yesterday. When he's alert he holds his left up like Goldens normally do when alert but the right stays in a more relaxed position. Awkward looking :-( There is no infection or injury to speak of as far as I can tell but he is teething and getting his big canines in. Could this affect the way he is holding his ears? Anyone know of this happening or a stage they go through?

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Welcome to our forum:wavey: I cant answer your question maybe some of our more knowledgeable members will chime in. I would never have thought about teething ....could be. I will be interested to see what others think.

Post a picture of your pooch in the new members part of the forum when you have time.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I do know it effected my shelties ears when they were teething sometimes one would droop or stand up straight then go back down after a few days. But sometimes with puppies you can get something trapped down deep in the ear that is hard to see. If it doesn't get better after a day or so check with your vet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts