Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Peyton weighed 44 lbs. at 4 mos. The vet said she's not fat and growing at a normal rate for her size. She does think she might be a big girl when mature. Just wondering what other pups weighed at 4 mos?

She's teething right now and I was wondering what is good for her to chew now? My arms are always her first choice but I would like to go with plan B :) we tried frozen wash cloths and she got bored quickly. A frozen Kong with puppy stuffn was a hit tonight.

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
Jordan is 7 months next week and was 47 lbs today. Our vet said they are at 75% at 6 months, looks like you have a big girl :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
I think she will be a big girl, if your vet is happy with her weight then I wouldn't worry. Molly was 35lb at 4 months, has always been heavier than the other pups here at the forum who were born around the same time but now at nearly 8 months I think their weights have all levelled out a fair bit as she seems to weigh around the same as the others now or maybe just a little more. The vet saw Molly this week and is pleased with her weight saying she is ideal for her size.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
At 4 1/2 mo check-up Kye weighed 36.2 lbs and think Cooper is going to be about the same in a couple of weeks when he hits 4 mo. When I spoke with the family who has Kye's sister she said their girl was almost 40 lbs at 4 mo.

Vet said that females have most of their growling done between 6-9 mo but like the boys will fill out after this. If your girl looks right, then she IS right. Some here on the forum have said their little ones were large for a certain age, but leveled off and didn't gain much more after this. Great to have a place we can watch the growth of our babes with others.

We need to see some pictures!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Annie was 27.5 lbs at four months, but has always been on the small side. For the chewing, try bully sticks, they saved our arms and furniture at our house!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Bailey was about 36 pounds at 4 months, she's a little over 6 months and is 53 pounds. She's starting to slow down growing, which I am glad about. Looks like you are going to have a big girl. Bailey will be big, she already looks big now!
As far as the chewing goes, people thought I had a cat from the scratches from the puppy teeth. It gets better!! What got us through with Bailey was frozen carrots. We broke a full size carrot in half or thirds and put it in the freezer and then gave it to her. She loves it. Ice cubes are always a hit too :)

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Hank weighed 40 lbs. at 18 weeks. At 2.5 years he weigh 69-70 lbs.

·
Registered
421 Posts
You have a big girl! Bells is 6.5 months and probably around 35lbs or so. She is slightly heavier I think since we weighed her at 33lbs a couple weeks ago. Still a small thing, and that is just fine with me.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I think Lucca was about 27 Ibs at 4 or 5 months. Vet thinks he's a little skinny though. He's 61 Ibs now at 10 months.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
She's a big girl. The most important thing is if she feels lean--she should have a definite tuck in her belly/hindquarters, and the you be able to feel her ribs easily.

Tucker is big too. My vet said he was big but she was not worried because he's in good condition. She pointed out that although there are charts and everything for growth, puppies are individuals and have different rates of growth. She said she's seen really big puppies at a young age whose growth tapered off and they ended up pretty average in size.

Tucker weighed about 32 lbs at 4 months. I'm guessing he'll be about 80 lbs. when full grown.

·
Megan, Moose's Mom
746 Posts
moose was about.. 42-ish pounds at 4 months. our vet told us it is normal for a dog his size and that he will be a big pup. now at almost 6 months he is almost 60 pounds. but he's not fat.. he's just huge.. although my picture makes him look fat lol it was just the angle!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
So, we just weighed Tucker and h e came in at 40.1 lbs. He's spot on for 5 months (he's 5 mos tomorrow) according to puppy growth chart. So although he grew really fast in the beginning and was about 30% larger that other puppies his age, his growth seems to have tapered off.

·
Registered
13,084 Posts
I can't remember what my dog weighed at 4 months - but I know she was only 49 pounds at one YEAR, and stayed about 49 pounds til she was about 3! She is quite petite and fit - about 55 pounds now.

If your dog is tall, or more broad, her weight may be just fine. Can you post a picture?

·
Dog Lover for Life
220 Posts
Cooper is a little over 5 months old (born 6/4/11 and he is 46lbs.
He is a bigger pup then Bogart was at that age. He is stout but also not fat at all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts