Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This on my Facebook Wall this a.m.: MaleGoldenRescue.jpg

York SC Champ ID#A044120 - 3 YRS, NEUTERED MALE, GR LG 'DUE OUT' BY 07/09/2012 NEEDS RESCUE ASAP (dog can be put to sleep on Due Out date - so act fast!)
This is a rescue-friendly shelter-if you need help getting approval, contact Trina [email protected]
They must have a commitment by closing time the day they are due out.
SHELTER CONTACT:
TRACY MORGAN - [email protected]
Caroline [email protected]
Please refer to the animal’s I.D. number when contacting the shelter!
803-628-3190 (business hours only)
Volunteer Contacts:If local transport or pull is needed, contact (e-mail) one of the following:
Kim Henson- [email protected]
Trina Davis- [email protected] (or text 704-606-5436)
KRISTEN BLANK- [email protected]
When emailing, please put "RESCUE OFFER" in the subject line so we don’t miss it!!
To Pull, please do the following :
E-mail the shelter AND/OR the volunteer contacts.
Give them your 501c3 number if they don’t already have it. These animals are to rescue only.
Have the animal’s I.D. number available
Shelter hours 9-5:00 Mon-Fri.
Sat. 9 – 12:30
RESCUE PULL HOURS
M-F 9-4, SAT 9:30-10:30
*NOTE: You, too, can check out pets on Pet Harbor. PetHarbor.com: Animal Shelter adopt a pet; dogs, cats, puppies, kittens! Humane Society, SPCA. Lost & Found.
The zip code you should enter is 29745
Go to “Search I.D. Number”
A list of shelters will come up. Select York County Animal Shelter at the bottom of the first list.
Go to the top of that list and select “Use this Shelter list”
The next screen will be “I.D. search” –type in the Dog or cat’s I.D. number. If a picture comes up, it is still there!
YCAC
"Daily Rescue Animals"
York County Government > Home
animals currently available for RESCUE at York County Animal Control (YORK, SC).
The following are standard criteria:
1. The animal has had a health check at the time they were selected for rescue, with any abnormalities noted listed in the electronic kennel record.
2. The animal appeared to be amicable towards people, other dogs, and cats at the time that they were selected for rescue.
3. Other notable criteria, if any (such as basic obedience skills, appears housetrained, etc.) will have been noted in the electronic kennel record.
If there is an asterisk (*) after the "DUE OUT BY" date, this indicates there is additional information regarding this animal that you may find helpful
Please contact (803) 628-3190 if you wish this additional information.
All information provided regarding an animal should be considered a "snapshot" window in time, to the best of our abilities, in a high intake shelter environment

·
Super Moderator Leader
51,325 Posts
Ok, we must work on this guy. I'll contact a few rescues and see if we can get him some help.
The Charlotte GR Rescue Club is the closet one to this shelter, this should be in their service area, try them FIRST.

There are two GR Rescues listed for SC on the National Committee, there's also another one, Midlands, they are not listed on it. Here is their info:

Midlands Golden Retriever Rescue

The Golden Retriever Club of America National Rescue Committee

South Carolina

Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
Grateful Goldens Rescue of the Low Country

WAGNERS MOM, if you need help contacting the Rescues, let me know.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Ok, I just sent to Foothills, Triad and Neuse River--I know they aren't that close, but have to try. I'll send to Grateful Goldens, now. Thanks Carolina Mom!!!

·
Super Moderator Leader
51,325 Posts
Ok, I just sent to Foothills, Triad and Neuse River--I know they aren't that close, but have to try. I'll send to Grateful Goldens, now. Thanks Carolina Mom!!!
Did you contact the Charlotte Club?????

They should cover this shelter, if they don't have room, then one of the other groups would step in.

·
Super Moderator Leader
51,325 Posts
Ok, sent to Midland and Grateful Goldens as well.

So sent to:
Foothills
Triad
Neuse River
Grateful Goldens
Midland

Did I miss any?

Or can anyone here take him? :D
Wagner's mom, from reading the info on this boy, it looks like he's only available to a Rescue group-my GUESS he could be HW+ or have some other type of medical issues, therefore is not considered available to the public.

Thanks for contacting the Rescues.......

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Wagner's mom, from reading the info on this boy, it looks like he's only available to a Rescue group-my GUESS he could be HW+ or have some other type of medical issues, therefore is not considered available to the public.

Thanks for contacting the Rescues.......
Oh darnit. Well hopefully one of them can help him....

and thank you for sending me the info! Google has nothing on your quick responses! :D

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Yeah, we got him. Sweet dog!!! They were contacted but the owners didn't want him back (2nd time he has been in the shelter). He looks to be in good shape but is hw+. :(

Safe now though!
Thanks so much to you guys for saving him. I hate he is hw+--and I hate he had owners like that. I'm sure he'll be MUCH better off now.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Merlin's mom

MERLIN'S MOM

GOD bless you guys for saving him-what a beauty!!

Thank you ALL SO MUCH for emlg. rescues for him!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So happy

SO happy this beautiful boy was saved! T H A N K S !

Btw, I'm not getting notices of forum replies very often, hence my late replies.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts