Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already emailed my rescue (GRRRR) and am waiting to see if we have any open foster homes, then I was going to call. If anyone can help directly feel free to go ahead and call and see what the deal is. I can go get any or all of them and begin transport

Link to ad

"I have 3 full grown AKC registered Golden Retrievers who have been with our family since they were babies. I have a male (Orion), his wife (Haley) and their youngest daughter (Star). Both females are spayed. They were raised inside in our laps until my grandson was born who has now taken their place. We've had to put them outside as our family has grown and we are running out of room. They are very gentle except for their deadly tails that wag at about 90 mpg. They are also very good with children and other dogs. My grandson likes to ride them like a horse. I'm hoping to find them new owners who can let them roam a farm or large fenced yard when not inside. We only ask that they not be chained.

They mandate love and attention and are so affectionate they love unconditionally. If you are a Golden Retriever lover, you will know exactly what I mean. Please if you're the right person, take 1, 2 or all 3. We are willing to deliver if you need us to.

I'm only asking for small re-homing fees (negotiable) or trade for a fuzzy fluffy kitten/cat. We would love a long haired Himalayan or Persian looking type cat or kitten. The fluffier, the better, or looking into the Toyger breed/look of cat. (tiger striped).

Please respond if you believe you are the right person.
Call Kim @ 479-549-8700 "

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Well, good thing they have room for a cat then! I hope they never run out of room for that too if they get one.

-_-;

It's funny. We recently bought some new bedroom furniture, and there wasn't enough room in our room for all the old stuff, so we're currently trying to sell that on Craigslist.

Maybe I should just say I'll exchange the three-piece bedroom set for a nightstand.

Urrgh.

Sorry, but that just REALLY bothers me.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
This is so sad. I do hope these poor dogs get adopted together.

It's a month today that adopted Cocasse and I just love him. I know that the feeling is mutual and if I knew how to include pics I'd add a very nice one of him here but I'm a computer plank.

I'm hoping and praying for christmas Angel to adopt these goldens together before they get dumped in a kill shelter. What is wrong with these people? Don't they know that laps can expand to accomdate more?

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Thank goodness the females are spayed. There is also Sooner Golden Retriever Rescue depending if the goldens are near the Oklahoma border...however, the rescue doesn't reply to ads via Craigs List, the owners would need to contact the rescue themselves.

·
Catalina: Maya's mom!
254 Posts
Ok... so they have a grandson, the kid CLEARLY likes the dogs, since he rides them like a horse. But they're giving up their dogs 'cause the kid took their place?
Oh, and they're trading for a cat? Let's just hope they don't get the cat, 'cause if they get more grandchildren the cat's the next to leave the house!

·
rose
497 Posts
if she applied to me about rehoming one of my rescue cats she would be told exactly where to go and put herself for the sheer fact i would be wondering when the cat would come back to me cos they had run out of space some people make me sick

·
Premium Member
18,458 Posts
I sent an email to Memphis area GR too, they might be able to help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well Hello!

I see you all have created an entire thread about me so I figured I should be allowed to respond. Right?

1. Had I known what a horrid thing CL was, I would have never gone there! I was in a situation where I had no clue. I'd never had to re-home anything before and someone suggested them. It took CL for me to have someone from there suggest Golden Rescue, which I, IN FACT!, did get the dogs to, except for one which was adopted to a very amazing family on a farm where he has room to run and be free and allowed to live inside and be spoiled like he was used to. I even contacted and tried donating them to a school for the blind to use as guide dogs but they weren't allowed to take them.

2. The dogs had to spend their time outdoors after my grandson was born because he was an infant with 3 FULL GROWN dogs who shed like mad, and all the daily brushing and multiple times a day sweeping didn't keep the hair at bay. His allergies didn't mix well with the dogs. I guess you would have put the baby outside? As one of you said I should have been put out?

3. My daughter, who lives on her own, was looking for a cat, not me.

4. We were also moving and for many factors, money being the biggest issue. Are you all rich? Why did none of you contact me if you are so much better? You OBVIOUSLY have my phone number, which you so proudly advertised here.

It's very easy to sit back and gossip about people you don't even know, isn't it?

So, since you're all so into my life, I'll explain. We moved to a home closer to work to save money and we weren't allowed animals, plus we were going broke trying our best to keep our dogs. But when it comes to my dogs or my grandson eating (who we have guardianship of), I will still choose my grandson any day. The day I had to walk away from my dogs I'd had for the last 6 to 9 years was one of the saddest days of my life. Unless you consider the day we found out my FIL (13 hours away) had been diagnosed with brain cancer and has few months to live, which we also have to spend many bucks traveling back and forth for my husband to spend time with him while he can. How many of you would have stood up and offered to dog sit for us on these trips?

You'd seriously feed your dogs and let your children starve? Very interesting in judgment. It was heartbreaking to have to walk away from my best friends but I would still do it the same way if I had to do it all over again.

So, here's another tidbit: While I'm using the internet being a child advocate, protecting children online to help bring down pedophiles who are soliciting children (possibly even yours!), you're sitting around gossiping and judging me for having to let a Golden Retriever Animal Rescue take my dogs in to try and find them good homes.

Bitter sweet irony!

Love and kisses,

Kim​

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Sorry Kim, I wasn't even here back then but you must admit your original ad did not resemble your explanation of why you had to rehome your dogs.

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Sorry Kim, I wasn't even here back then but you must admit your original ad did not resemble your explanation of why you had to rehome your dogs.
I'm going to have to agree here.

On another note, I'm thankful that you did manage to get them in with a rescue group so that they could be loved and live a happy life again.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Kim, I'm glad you were able to rehome the one and get the others into rescue. Be glad that others here were concerned about your Goldens and wanted to help get them where they deserve to be. It happens on the Old English Sheepdog webite that I frequent too.

I had three large dogs, in my small house, when I raised three children. And I worked parttime. Two of the dogs were Old English Sheepdogs, so I know hair and grooming. There was never any option to do anything but make it work as I loved them all.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Oops - I lied. I was too a member when this thread started, but I don't remember it.

I'm glad the dogs are in new homes and hope they are loved and cherished.:)

Kim - probably part of the negative reaction was that your original ad read rather flippantly and so many of us try desperately to have just a little more time with our cherished dogs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm really sorry if my first post sounded sarcastic. Believe me, it was one of the hardest thing to do, walking away while they looked at me leaving them. I just didn't go into details on CL because I was sad to have to do it to begin with, and I didn't want to share that our financial status at the time wasn't the greatest.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I can't even imagine how hard it was to give them up. Heartbreaking I am sure. I'm glad the one got a good home and I'm sure the rescue made certain your other two found fantastic homes as well.

Okay - your ad could have been worded better (without details) and we were remiss in not telling you to contact rescues. I will make sure any more ads I see in the rescue forum have been told about GR rescues from now on.

At least they got a home..... I'm trying to find a home for a mixed breed pup now that the owner doesn't want any more so boy - that is a sore spot with many of us.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm happy that they all have been placed in homes. I see quite a bit of this. Personally, I keep my pets from start to finish, no matter what. It's my commitment, responsibility, and I am so rewarded each day of my life that I am able to spend with them. From tiny pups to the day that I have to say good bye. I thank them for sharing their life with me and tell them what an honor it was for me to have them through it all. Just my thoughts...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts