Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, this is the way to end a year and start a the new! Spent Wed, Thurs, Fri and today training in Florida with some fantastic ladies. Got to meet a GRF member who didn't have her 'Fisher' but did have her cute pup Slater with her. Anney (aka k9-Design) is a hoot and we had some good laughs. She got a good laugh at me when my pup Clover took me to the ground trying to get to a mark. :doh: Here are some pictures from the long weekend of FUN!! psst Anney, Way to go Gator's!!

1. Anney running Allie (Slater's mom)
2 & 3. Allie on retrieve
4. The Buzz and I at the line
5. Buzz on 'Mark'
6. Buzz on retrieve

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing.

·
I shoot, they fetch.
2,188 Posts
Very cool! I think my friend Pam was down there with her boy Dice as well. I have been having training envy from what she's been posting on Facebook!

·
Premium Member
18,458 Posts
Fantastic, I always love seeing them do what they were bred for.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
T-shirts, blue jeans, friends and good dogs?!?!?!...soooooo not fair.

Wonderful pictures...really enjoy them!

·
Kristy
9,953 Posts
Awesome photos! You're giving me the bug to get serious about retrieiving with Duncan... I used to practice with a friend when Baxter was younger and he absolutely loved it... It's so neat to see their genetics kick in like that.

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Wow, that close up of Buzz is calendar worthy! I too am soooo jealous. I can't wait for us to get one of those Star Trek transporter devices so we can all get together and not worry about being on the other side of the country! Great shots, looks like you had a wonderful time.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wish I could remember the lady's name who used my camera to take the pictures for me. She did an outstanding job. Here's my favorite one she took of Buzz. The original and my try of a chrome effect.

Attachments

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
That chrome one is breathtaking! They are both beautiful, but holy guacamole, that chrome one....WOW.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very cool! I think my friend Pam was down there with her boy Dice as well. I have been having training envy from what she's been posting on Facebook!
I was thinking, I remember a dog named Dice. Always remember dog names, not too good remembering people names. BUT you are in Canada so that helps. If Pam is blond, she's the one who took pictures for me. I do remember both ladies from Canada and they were very, very nice and helpful to this 'green horn'. And their dogs are awesome!!!! There is so much to learn. At times I think people want to put the e-collar on
me :uhoh:. 'Nick, put whistle in mouth, nick'. :doh:

·
the party's crashing us
4,307 Posts
Hi Cooki, thanks for the pictures! VERY cool!
Pam Martin from Canada had the short dark hair, her dogs were Dice (big boy) and Cajun (Allie's brother), it was Deb from Canada with the shoulder length blonde hair. Her dogs were Flyer and Dash. I can't believe I kept all that straight!
VERY fun weekend, wish I could have brought Fisher and stayed the whole time, although -- 2 days was enough for me :)
Slater had a grand old time and I had a blast running Allie and Blitz in the big dog set ups.
It was FRICKEN MISERABLE Friday morning -- 45, raining, and I had a headache -- but we trained at the Luthy's until noon, then took off.
Any more pictures? Would love to see them!
Thanks again for the leashes & tabs, I got them when I got back, they are GREAT! :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Anney, I never got the call on this Golden training group, so I get stuck training with a bunch of wackos with black and yellow mutts. Thanks alot.
Just kidding!! We ran our first Q Saturday at TCRC. It was BRUTAL. 13 of 28 dogs went out in the first series. We went out in the second series land blind (HUGE) with 5 other dogs. Only 4 dogs made it to the fourth and final series. We came back with a large list of things to work on. Time to strech things way out.
Jim

·
the party's crashing us
4,307 Posts
Hey Jim -- well this was GIRLS CAMP -- so you were cordially NOT invited! HA HA
But seriously it was women handlers only, we do this once or twice a year. I say "we" but it really is Carol Cassity's invite list.
This year we had ONE lab in the whole group! Mostly goldens and chessies, one curly and one toller.
NICE group of dogs. NICE marking setups!
Congrats on running the Q and making it to the 2nd series. That in itself is an accomplishment! Tell me about the set up, what did you guys do?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts