Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pippin got to go dock diving for the second time today and loved it. We will enter a trial next month. The only issues I have is when he is waiting his turn between jumps, he goes bonkers, barking and jumping.

I also am not sure when he has had enough. After 15 minutes of diving,and swimming he wants to keep going and I think he would go until he collapsed. Today I made him rest for 20 minutes between 15 minute dive sessions but he wasn't really resting because he was jumping and barking. I put him in a soft crate with a bone to chew, but he didn't care about the bone and was starting to rip the crate,

Finally I had to put him in the car in the shade with a fan, away from the action and that seemed to help.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
My golden loves dock diving as well. She drags me to the dock and would also jump until she collapsed. I really limit the number of jumps she does when we go to a dock. Not sure what the ideal number is, but I know it is far less than the number my dog would pick.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Oh I do miss being able to easily get to the water right now. We're still pretty much buried in snow...LOL! The action shots are really cool. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts