Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, 2011 is almost over, it was kind of a crappy year. We had to move 3 times, I lost my job, lots of other little struggles.

We're hoping 2012 is going to be great!

We're getting married in June, followed by a week in Vegas. We have a puppy planned for August. And who knows what else will happen.

What are you guys looking forward to?

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
First, my husband cancer, not getting worse, and for me, to get further down this journey i have been on, excepting, those i can not change, and excepting myself.

·
Kodasmomma
1,482 Posts
Looking forward to continuing watching Koda grow into a dog vs puppy but all the while enjoying her being our baby! :)

Also possibly adding another addition to our family with a human baby...still in talks though about this one!

I love your ticker Ninde'Gold..I am assuming this is until your wedding date!? I did the same thing, my sister does my hair and so the day after the wedding, before we headed out for our flight, she chopped it off! Thank goodness...Jamaica would have made it tough to handle that much hair LOL!

Hope wedding planning is going well...enjoy every minute of it all, you will never get those moments back!

·
Kate
21,677 Posts
This doesn't mean I'm depressed... let's make that clear. :D

But really, it seems like the older I get and more routine and "take one thing at a time", "short term goals", "too busy to think", things are... I don't really look forward to anything anymore? It seems like time is speeded up and the years speed by in hypermode. :)

Like I'm baking and putting up decorations and having this weird dejuvu feeling like I JUST DID THIS! Wasn't it just Christmas 2010? Eek! >.<

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
I am starting a new job the first week of the year as an apprentice to an amazing wedding and lifestyle photographer. She will be training me for a year at which time I will become her associate photographer. Needless to say I am VERY excited for this. :)

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
This doesn't mean I'm depressed... let's make that clear. :D

But really, it seems like the older I get and more routine and "take one thing at a time", "short term goals", "too busy to think", things are... I don't really look forward to anything anymore? It seems like time is speeded up and the years speed by in hypermode. :)

Like I'm baking and putting up decorations and having this weird dejuvu feeling like I JUST DID THIS! Wasn't it just Christmas 2010? Eek! >.<
Part ,of that is aging, the other ,not looking forward to things, sounds depressed, i have drepression, for a long time, just letting you know, you should look forward to something.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love your ticker Ninde'Gold..I am assuming this is until your wedding date!? I did the same thing, my sister does my hair and so the day after the wedding, before we headed out for our flight, she chopped it off! Thank goodness...Jamaica would have made it tough to handle that much hair LOL!

Hope wedding planning is going well...enjoy every minute of it all, you will never get those moments back!
Yep, it's a countdown to our wedding day. I've been growing my hair out since June. It's getting long, and a big pain in the tuckas LOL.

I'm pretty much done with the wedding planning. I just need to book cakes, get marriage license, flowers and order my wedding favours.

·
Kate
21,677 Posts
Part ,of that is aging, the other ,not looking forward to things, sounds depressed, i have drepression, for a long time, just letting you know, you should look forward to something.
I think it's because I'm so busy with work, family, play, and enjoying my life right now. I've been StReSSeD in the past, but never depressed. :bowl:

I think there is a saying that if you get to the point where you are always looking ahead, you miss the good things in your life right now. That's my depression-avoiding philosophy. :)

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
1. Get Toby successfully through his recovery from his cataract surgery. This has been a long long recovery road and we aren't done yet, due to a few complications.

2. When 1 is accomplished, plan on adding a puppy. The puppy is eagerly anticipated by both hubby and me, but we feel our first priority is to Toby and his recovery. I'm learning patience with this goal....:)

·
Dexter's Mom aka Kristin
625 Posts
Dexter's first birthday. I can't believe my baby boy will be a year old. We are doing Carolina Dock Dogs this year :)

I graduate from Campbell University with my BA in Criminal Justice Administration May 12, 2012. *squeals*

I will be starting grad school - hopefully Florida State University - getting my masters in criminology. I am applying for a job in probation/parole while I'm going to grad school. It'll really get the ball rolling to my goal of a job with the FBI.

I am hoping 2012 is a good year.

Reactions: Ninde'Gold

·
Registered
421 Posts
My first thought was finding a food for Bella that doesn't give her plant-killing, wallpaper peeling gas.

Seriously, though, there will be changes, good or bad. And I'm eager for change because I'm at such a stagnant place in life right now.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
2012 I am determined to slow down and enjoy life more. I have always been a powerhouse, always taking on more, whether at work, the dogs, the farm, the house in town. Just kept slowly adding to my plate. Realized time is flying by now that I am older. I want to contact old friends, shop (haven't shopped in years). Want time to catch up and start enjoying the day, not always seeing what I can squeeze into tomorrow. I honestly don't know where to start, but must cause I am missing out on Today! Time has become my worst enemy.

Have to make a decision about our old girl Millie (Eng. Toy Spaniel - 15 yrs) as she is about at the end of her days but just so hard,,,Vet says she is ready. I can't do it until after the Holidays, want this last one with her, but something we must face. She is deaf and blind, though will still make it outside to potty, but know she is uncomfortable and think she is scared since she has only lost her sight recently (walks into walls a lot, cries and can tell she is scared). But selfish of me, I want her one more time for Christmas. This will be my greatest hurdle to 2012, sending Millie home to the RB.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
I'm looking FORWARD to doing all my own riding this year. It's complicated but I get nervous sometimes when I think about riding. I've never been afraid while I was ON a horse, they just don't scare me. BUT, I get nervous when I'm off the horse, imagining all the things they can do. I started working thru this unreasonable attitude last year and hope this year to overcome it completely.

I thought last year would be MY YEAR but I realized right in the beginning that I wasn't ready for greatness yet. So, this year to build my confidence, sit up straight, shoulders back, heels down and ride in the moment. I'm hoping to win a class. Harry has won lots of blues with darling daughter, I won 1 blue but I was the only one in the class. This year I'm working towards riding well enough to show him well enough to win over the competition.

Also, this year I want to canter on Daz. I never have because he's too strong for me, I was too weak to handle him. Now I'm feeling stronger and more balanced. I want to feel him canter under me...at least once.

·
Registered
233 Posts
hmm...lets see...I'm looking forward to:
-Seeing Ada continue to grow/learn
-Finish fixing up the house we just bought
-I'll be eligible for a promotion mid-year so it would really make my year if I could get the promo before the end of the year

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
I am looking forward to traveling to see my two brothers. One I haven't seen in 4 1/2 yrs, the other in 3 yrs.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
I work on living in the moment. Selka taught me that. I do have much to look forward to in 2012: Sasha working on his CD title, vacationing in Colorado, lots of joy with my family including the boys of course!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts