Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2.5 months old Boozo's eye has major portion of red skin. My vet told me it's conjunctivitis by looking at the pictures, and suggested me an eyedrop & ointment. However this doesn't seem to get better.

I have re consultation on 12 june, hoping to get an idea if similar things have been faced by other people.

·
Registered
7,484 Posts
There are so many things that can cause the third eyelid to be exposed, allergies one of them, neurological issues, autoimmune, Horner's, cherry eye, scrolled cartilage.. if you have an ACVO nearby, it would be a good idea given his age and the desire to get on top of this soon to see one rather than continue down the allergy path-https://www.acvo.org/ophthalmologist-search

·
Puddles
3,818 Posts
My pup had an eye that drained and was red like this... went to 3 different vets being told it was nothing serious and given ointment. In my case it was not fine, find an ophthalmologist and find out what's going on. Eyes don't get inflamed like that without a reason and if the ointment doesn't bring relief in a couple of days it's not helping.

·
Registered
463 Posts
My current red Golden, who is now around 8 years old, had this drooping eyes on both sides. She looked sad all the time. Our vet said she will grow out of it, which she did! Check with your vet to be sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My current red Golden, who is now around 8 years old, had this drooping eyes on both sides. She looked sad all the time. Our vet said she will grow out of it, which she did! Check with your vet to be sure.
Same here as above! Red golden as well now 2 years old. Was worried as all heck about it and the vet kept telling me keep an eye on it (no pun intended) and that he’ll grow out of it, sure enough Sawyer did grow out of it. Probably noticed around 18 months that it wasn’t visible anymore. I do however still bring it up at vet check-ups just to be safe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have started giving him drops of Refresh Tears Eyedrop, as suggested by vet. She further told me, Boozo will either grow out of it, or it'll get worse. We'll have to wait and see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts