Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This boy looks like he can be pulled by RESCUES ONLY. He needs a chance! If anyonw is interested in this guy, please click on the links and there are directions on who to contact and how to go aboutit. If you need help, I will help in any way I can.

LikeCommentUnlikeComment

Type any name to tag:

The Animals of Gaston County Animal Control

Tag#

Type
DOG

Sex
MALE
Breed RETRIEVER X Color BROWN
Cage # ISO13 Age 2-3 yr Adopt/Rescue/ Euthanasia Date 10/09/2011
OWNER RECLAIM ONLY Admitted Date 09/30/2011
Area Pickup:
RIVERMONT DR, GASTONIA

HERE IS THE THREAD ON FACEBOOK ON HIM WITH SOMEO IMPORTANT INFORMATION IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. INFORMATION ON HIM HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO THE LOCAL RESCUES ETC..

.andi Richey Gordon Anything on this baby?
Yesterday at 7:37pm · LikeUnlike
<LI class="uiUfiComment comment_579633 ufiItem ufiItem">

Karen Hawker Gorgeous dog! Sharingabout an hour ago · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading...

<LI class="uiUfiComment comment_579646 ufiItem ufiItem">

Denise Barba Geary What does Owner reclaim only mean? He can't be adopted out yet..stray hold? Ginger Rafti Caramico and Betty Emery tagging youabout an hour ago · LikeUnlike

<LI class="uiUfiComment comment_579651 ufiItem ufiItem">

Karen Hawker Usually a 72 hour hold after intake. I would think the dog would be available on Oct 4th.about an hour ago · LikeUnlike

<LI class="uiUfiComment comment_579715 ufiItem ufiItem">

The Animals of Gaston County Animal Control Owner reclaim only means that only the owner may reclaim the pet. Usually this is the status when the staff at the shelter deem a dog too dangerous for personal adoption. In some cases a 501c3 rescue can pull the dog, but they need to let the shelter know of their interest immediately.44 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

<LI class="uiUfiComment comment_579732 ufiItem ufiItem">

Betty Emery WTH? This is a GOLDEN RETRIEVER! PURE GOLD! Let me contact the Pres of the NGRRA and the other rescues! Denise, you tagged Ginger, right? Any response yet?26 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

<LI class="uiUfiComment comment_579733 ufiItem ufiItem">

Betty Emery I will tag Luisa too.25 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

<LI class="uiUfiComment comment_579734 ufiItem ufiItem">

Betty Emery No tag button or am I blind again?25 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

<LI class="uiUfiComment comment_579737 ufiItem ufiItem">

Betty Emery Here we go again with the Golden fear being so high they are deemed as dangerous? Goldens are not dangerous only scared ********!23 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

<LI class="uiUfiComment comment_579744 ufiItem ufiItem">Luisa Hindle OMG Look at this gorgeous boy! He needs OUTTA THERE!19 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading...

<LI class="uiUfiComment comment_579745 ufiItem ufiItem">

Betty Emery NC Golden Rescues cannot be contacted if there are no tag buttons on the thread. His picture will not copy. Is there a phone or email address for contact in Dallas NC?19 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

<LI class="uiUfiComment comment_579747 ufiItem ufiItem">Luisa Hindle why does it say owner reclaim only??? Where is this shelter?18 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

<LI class="uiUfiComment comment_579755 ufiItem ufiItem">Luisa Hindle He needs someone to take the time to take him outta his cage and evaluate him after that. :( Hoping one of the local rescues will do that.15 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading...

<LI class="uiUfiComment comment_579758 ufiItem ufiItem">

Betty Emery Thanks for the second on the motion. I am unsure where Dallas NC is located. Read the posts above ours, about the owner reclaim thing. I will be contacting the shelter tomorrow am.13 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

<LI class="uiUfiComment comment_579771 ufiItem ufiItem">

Betty Emery Allrighty then, I got the info copied and also the picture of this boy! I need a phone number, someone anyone! I can get it in another email asap! to both the NGRRA and another of their affiliates in SE PA that will forward to other Golden rescues as well. so..DON'T LET THEM KILL HIM.7 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

<LI class="uiUfiComment comment_579773 ufiItem ufiItem">

Betty Emery Luisa can you post on the Golden forum?7 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading...

<LI class="uiUfiComment comment_579775 ufiItem ufiItem">

The Animals of Gaston County Animal Control A dog's breed does not determine his personality. All dogs are individuals and must be assessed on an individual basis. I'm not saying one way or the other about this guy, but him being a Golden Retriever has nothing to do with anything.

P...LEASE ONLY CONTACT THE SHELTER IF YOU ARE A 501c3 RESCUE! The shelter is very short staffed and can not handle a huge influx of calls coming in for a dog who is not able to be adopted.

I don't know what the deal is with the tagging, it's nothing on my part that makes it go away. Once again, Facebook fails!

Dallas, NC is about 40 minutes outside of Charlotte. No one is allowed, by law, to take him out and evaluate him because he is in bite quarantine. After his quarantine period is up I would be happy to behavior evaluate him. I can also try and find out the circumstances of the "bite" and if the owners have signed him over yet. I will do that tomorrow! Is there anything else anyone wants to know that does not involve interacting with him?See More
5 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

<LI class="uiUfiComment comment_579778 ufiItem ufiItem">Luisa Hindle yes Betty I sure will....so you are contacting the local Golden rescues?4 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

<LI class="uiUfiComment comment_579780 ufiItem ufiItem">

The Animals of Gaston County Animal Control ‎@Betty, here's a link to the email template so people can easily share with rescues (has some helpful info):https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=200232003368951

And here are the rescuing procedures: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=172946202764198about a minute ago · LikeUnlike

<LI class="uiUfiAddComment clearfix uiUfiSmall ufiItem ufiItem uiListItem uiListVerticalItemBorder">

Write a comment...

·
& Sawyer's & Quinn's too!
2,740 Posts
Oh, I hope someone can/will help this boy! He looks so sweet and so scared!

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,826 Posts
He's beautiful-any additional details on the following info:

Dallas, NC is about 40 minutes outside of Charlotte. No one is allowed, by law, to take him out and evaluate him because he is in bite quarantine. After his quarantine period is up I would be happy to behavior evaluate him. I can also try and find out the circumstances of the "bite" and if the owners have signed him over yet. I will do that tomorrow! Is there anything else anyone wants to know that does not involve interacting with him?See More

Jax's Mom-I see the info on the shelter listing says OWNER RECLAIM ONLY.

Any update on his status/situation? Wonder if the owners will claim him or sign him over and let a Rescue Group take him.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Luisa

Luisa

Trying to find the link on Facebook and cannot.
Can you paste here.
Did you call to find out more details-he is gorgeous!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Found link to him at Gaston

Found link to him at Gaston. Wonder if he REALLY bit someone or someone used that as an excuse to turn him into shelter

Kennel Inquiry

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Gastonia is about two hours from me. If a rescue needs transport, I can help! I hope this boy is not doomed, lots will not consider a dog who's bitten.....so sad.

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,826 Posts
Anyone have an update on this boy?

Year
Tag#
Type
DOG
Sex
MALEBreed RETRIEVER XColor BROWNCage #ISO4
Age 2-3 yr
Adopt/Rescue/ Euthanasia Date10/11/2011
OWNER RECLAIM ONLY
Remarks:Bite Quarantine

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,826 Posts
Sandy

I haven't heard anything.
Thanks Karen, I've gotten a few emails about him. I was wondering since you're on FB that maybe some info about him had been updated.

Looks like the Charlotte GR Rescue Club would be the closest if his owners don't claim him and the shelter allows him to be taken into Rescue-it would all depend on the details of the bite situation though.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From what I understand, he was in a fight with another dog and when someone attempted to pull him out, he bit the person. I will try to find an update on him. SOrry I didnt notice all the questions about him before.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
That seems almost like an understandable reason for biting a human. Not saying it's acceptable, of course. I always figured if I intervened in a dog fight I stand a chance of being bitten. "Heat of the moment" sort of thing.

He is beautiful. I hope he can get a rescue to help him.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm right there with you on that one! Also, if anyone is interested in this dog or the possiblity, there is a group that works with thsi shelter that can go have the dog evaluated. Just say the word, and it could be done. I feel like this guy isnt getting a fair shake due to the reason for his "incarceration".

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I would if I were closer....I already have the 2 dogs and work full time. I hope someone steps up, he looks so much like my Nelli....

·
Maggie Mae's Mom Too!
597 Posts
I've emailed GRRCC, I am a transport person in close proximity to Gaston. Waiting to hear if this beautiful boy is on their radar..... I am sure he is. I will pull/transport if given the approval to do so, although I can't foster. too small a house with one LARGE crate now that holds King Tucker.... Hopefully they can find a secure foster for him...... Send your prayers and good vibes....

·
Maggie Mae's Mom Too!
597 Posts
I feel like this guy isnt getting a fair shake due to the reason for his "incarceration".

Exactly. The great " Media" reported a few weeks back of a " viscious" Golden Retriever Attack on a 2 year old boy..... :uhoh: and I found out that the poor dog had an ear infection and was due for a veterinary visit the next day and the toddler ran up the the dog and pulled the sore ear and the dog snapped and bit the baby, the dog was put down. :(

1 - 20 of 49 Posts