Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wow - I am putting together my tentative schedule for next quarter (in spreadsheet actually) and we will be busy! How are other folks scheules looking?

Sun Jan 1
Mon Jan 2
Sat Jan 7 Front & Rear crosses Workshop (9-11am) ; Obedience Lesson 3-4 ;Rental 7-9
Sun Jan 8
Sat Jan 14 Agility Run thrus ; Rental 7-9
Sun Jan 15
Sat Jan 21 Ring Procedures Workshop (9-11am) ;Rental 7-9p
Sun Jan 22
Sat Jan 28 Articles Workshop (9-11 am) ; Rental 11am - 1pm ; Club banquest 5:30 on
Sun Jan 29 Health Clinic - all 3 dogs eyes
Sat Feb 4 Diane Bauman Seminar ;Rental 7-9pm
Sun Feb 5 Diane Bauman Seminar
Sat Feb 11 Agility Run Thrus ; Rental 7-9 pm
Sun Feb 12
Sat Feb 18 Agility Trial ; Rental 7-9pm
Sun Feb 19 Agility Trial
Mon Feb 20
Sat Feb 25 Denise Fenzi Seminar ; Rental 7-9pm
Sun Feb 26 Denise Fenzi Seminar
Sat Mar 3 Agility Trial ; Rental 7-9 pm
Sun Mar 4 Obedience Trial - Double Header Towhee (Novice only)
Sat Mar 10 Rental 7-9pm
Sun Mar 11 Agility Run thrus At Tails
Sat Mar 17 Obedience Trial ; Rental 7-9 pm
Sun Mar 18
Sat Mar 24 Field Training @ Nod Brook ; Rental 7-9pm
Sun Mar 25 Agility Trial
Sat Mar 31 Rental 7-9pm

with the possibilities of privates on Jan 1st and 8th so far. I am also thinking of extra rentals on those Sundays that are free.

ETA: Re Setup my FedEx account with new card information etc so I can send in entries without going through work. Its been so long since I was really into agility I let the account lapse and now the trials are often filling on the first day again.

Reactions: Stretchdrive

·
Kate
21,672 Posts
That's scary! Unless I'm looking at this wrong, you are not going to be spending very many weekends at home with your feet up. >.<

Here's my schedule. Doesn't it look relaxed and lowkey by comparision? :D

Jan 9 - Novice/Open classes start up at training place #2.

I'm thinking things will be quiet at location #1 for the next couple weeks, though the instructor said she was only taking 1 week off.

Means 2 novice classes a week through March so I don't have to worry about freezing to death working stays in front of stores. Yes. It is all about the stays. *looks wildeyed*

Jan 21 - Rally trial at big local show. I'm not sure if I want to take Jacks out into the ring. I was at this place last year and it was pretty hectic and Jacks had a flakeout. I really wanted to bring him with me to this show anyway to shop and watch, so at least we won't be sneaking in the back door. Okay, we still will be because they don't want dogs on the entrance way carpets, but I won't feel skeevy knocking on the backdoor. :)

Feb 25 - Rally trial

March 3 - Big show. Just going to watch. I have nightmares thinking about taking my dog downtown into the city and being at a crowded noisy benched show all day with him. *yuck*.

Mar 24 - This is when I'm hoping to have his stays set enough for me to enter him in novice. When we were at this location earlier this year, I really liked the setup and he was very calm here. But if he's still randomly having flakeout stay days in February, we will just do something in Rally instead. There will be trials at this same location in April and again in May, and then later on in fall so there will be other opportunities. :)

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love your schedule :)

LOL – I have a long workday (9 hours minimum) with a 2-3 hour commute Mon-Fri so while I try to grab so time in the morning before heading off to work, and try to spend time going to classes, drop-ins or training on my own during the work week, I rely on weekends for most of my training. I am rarely home before 7pm so I am cutting Towhee's Tues night obedience class this coming quarter – traffic will probably become even worse as the snow and ice hit and it does upset me to not make my classes – which are usually about an hour away too

I'm not really good at putting my feet up and relaxing so busy weekends are actually more reenergizing to me than hanging. Wednesday nights all 3 dogs have agility class and often on Thursdays I'll go to an obedience drop in that starts at 8.

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Sounds like a busy schedule! Mine is pretty much a bunch of agility trials, will probably try to fit in 8 trials and then at the end of March we head to Reno for the NAC!! Woo hooo!!!

My big goal will be to finish Barley's MACH4 before the NAC...

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
I have shows the first Friday, and Saturday in January(at different locations). I will only be showing Filly in Novice at these shows. Other than that I don't have too much scheduled yet, but there will be private lessons, and more shows. We will be moving up into Open sometime in the next few months. She is ready for Open now, but I wanna get a couple more shows under her collar before we move up.

Reactions: Sunrise

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Tentative schedule for 1st quarter - but do not tell my accountant (AKA wife) :uhoh:

Monday mornings - Utility class Oriana
Tuesday mornings - Novice/Open class Brooke
Wednesday morning/afternoons - Novice class Brooke, Open & Utility classes Oriana
Thursday mornings - Teach novice/open and open/utility classes

Oriana planned obedience trials and matches 1st quarter
January 7 - match (Brooke also)
January 8 match (Brooke also)
Jan 22 - AM & PM trials
January 28 match (Brooke also)
Feb 4 - AM & PM trials
Feb 10 & 11 trials
Feb 12 match (Brooke also)
Feb 24 - trial
March 9, 10, 11 - trails
March 17 - match (Brooke also)
March 18 - trial

Feb 18 & 19 - Bridgette Carlson Seminar

And depending on how things go maybe I will start showing Brooke in obedience also

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like a busy schedule! Mine is pretty much a bunch of agility trials, will probably try to fit in 8 trials and then at the end of March we head to Reno for the NAC!! Woo hooo!!!

My big goal will be to finish Barley's MACH4 before the NAC...
Woot Woot :) Go Barley!!

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is Oriana starting to campaign for her UDX and OTCh? :)

Tentative schedule for 1st quarter - but do not tell my accountant (AKA wife) :uhoh:

Monday mornings - Utility class Oriana
Tuesday mornings - Novice/Open class Brooke
Wednesday morning/afternoons - Novice class Brooke, Open & Utility classes Oriana
Thursday mornings - Teach novice/open and open/utility classes

Oriana planned obedience trials and matches 1st quarter
January 7 - match (Brooke also)
January 8 match (Brooke also)
Jan 22 - AM & PM trials
January 28 match (Brooke also)
Feb 4 - AM & PM trials
Feb 10 & 11 trials
Feb 12 match (Brooke also)
Feb 24 - trial
March 9, 10, 11 - trails
March 17 - match (Brooke also)
March 18 - trial

Feb 18 & 19 - Bridgette Carlson Seminar

And depending on how things go maybe I will start showing Brooke in obedience also

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She looks great in the videos I have seen. Good luck!

I have shows the first Friday, and Saturday in January(at different locations). I will only be showing Filly in Novice at these shows. Other than that I don't have too much scheduled yet, but there will be private lessons, and more shows. We will be moving up into Open sometime in the next few months. She is ready for Open now, but I wanna get a couple more shows under her collar before we move up.

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Is Oriana starting to campaign for her UDX and OTCh? :)

We are going to give the UDX a shot. Doing about 10 trials and then will reassess where we are and decide whether to continue or put her away for a while and come back when she is older and MAYBE more mature. ;)

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
wow, you guys are ORGANIZED!! I'm trying to get thru this week....

Reactions: K9-Design

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Hopefully less hectic than 4th quarter 2011.

January
Agility training classes begin week of 1/2, Gabby will have Puppy Performance on Monday PM's, and Quinn Competiion II on Wednesdays. I am running Quinn until hubby's feet get better. Obedience classes continue every other week, and trying to get to the hunt trainers twice a month as weather permits.

Jan 13 - Fun match for rally and obedience, Gabby both, Teddi a little obedience.

Weekend of Jan 24 & 25 - Gabby is entered in Rally Novice at the Oakland Kennel Club Dog Show. Two trials a day for two days

Weekend of 28 & 29 agility trial with Quinn.

February
The first session of agility should wrap up. I hope to graduate Gabby to either Drills (my first choice) or Comp I both on Tuesday PM's. Quinn still runs on Wed. Still every other week with the obedience trainer, and continuing our field work.

I have Quinn entered in two agility trials (well one opens 1/2) in Feb. Not sure of the weekends off my head.

March
Pretty much the same as Feb. Hope to do two agility trials. Depending on what is up might venture into a few more matches with Gabby and hopefully Teddi in obedience.

Stretchdrive I hear ya on training outside. It's the only place I can train at home. I do not have room in my house. I suppose I could work on turns in my hallway I would have to be tight, and my dogs close. LOL It's hard to train all bundled up too. No snow here yet... but my back yard is standing water. So ice skating rink should be next.

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
Stretchdrive I hear ya on training outside. It's the only place I can train at home. I do not have room in my house. I suppose I could work on turns in my hallway I would have to be tight, and my dogs close. LOL It's hard to train all bundled up too. No snow here yet... but my back yard is standing water. So ice skating rink should be next.
How big of a space do you have indoors? I might have ideas. I am thinking this would make a nice thread as well. We could call it training in small spaces. People could give ideas for field, agility, and obedience.

Reactions: Sunrise

·
Kate
21,672 Posts
This depends... but I'm thinking about attending a "Rally changes" seminar on Jan 29. Maybe. It starts really early (10AM) on a Sunday. ./

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I added 2 dates for Novice Run Thrus for Ms Towhee in the facility where she will be going for her first 2 Novice trials (given she is ready of course LOL)

Jan 8, and Feb 12

1 - 15 of 15 Posts