Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl Bella is starting the 3rd week of her 1st (and only) heat. She is almost 8 months old. She has been surprisingly good about keeping her little undies on and it has been nowhere near the ordeal I thought it would be:) My preschooler's questions have been the most difficult part LOL. My questions is regarding her little girl parts. Her vulva is pretty swollen....doesn't look irritated or anything...but, how long does that last? And how much swelling is normal?

A quick pic...as you can see she wasn't too happy at first with the diaper...

Attachments

·
Comets Mommie!
871 Posts
i never heard of the "diaper"! she thinking "MOM!!!! dont take pictures of me like this!!!!!!!!!!!!! gosh i am SO embaressed!!!!!!!!!!!!" LOL

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think for some reason she thought she was in trouble. But after some extra love she was much better! She looks cuter in the designer ones with lace trim :) I just couldn't resist...I had to take the pictures...

All happy again now...

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
When Zuiko had her first heat (her only heat), her vulva was so swollen, it bulged out from behind (sorry for being too descriptive :0(). It took quite a while for it to return to its normal size -- more than a month. I remember this because when her heat ended her vulva was still swollen.

Bella looks pretty darn cute in her diaper :0)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you:) That is just what I needed. I was afraid I might miss something important as I have heard of them getting sick. I am a worrier! I was trying to not be too descriptive too LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts