Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the end of the month Brutus is scheduled for his annual check-up/shots since his puppy visits. I'm quite weary with our normal vet since they refused to give a referral to get Max allergy tested earlier this year and continued to tell me Prednisone what would work which it didn't...ummmm...changing to a Grain-Free food DID...AHA!. **(They also called my cat the "devil cat" because she doesn't like the vet...most cats don't! I just thought that was messed up, made me sad :no:)**

Anyway, I'm going to be calling new vets soon and I want to know what they should be doing on a 1 year old check-up. AND any special criteria I should look for in a new vet? I know I have to be comfortable with them but any questions I could ask that would give me a sense of how they would treat an animal in terms of drugs/steriods or a holistic approach?

He's due for Rabies, Bordetella, Distemper, and Lepto (which I was told, by the vet that he NEEDED but probably not getting it again). I think that's it. Any testing for hip, eyes, elbows etc... It's been a long time since I've taken a pup in for a 1 year check-up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts