Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Carol
478 Posts
What a sweetie. I sure hope someone is able to provide a loving home for this wonderful soul. I would give anything to have had Oakley to the age of 14. Why oh why do people do this :( Thanks Karen for acting so promptly!
Carol

·
Mac's Dad
848 Posts
How sad :( They abandoned him long before dumping him at the shelter. Chained up in the back yard for 10 years. Oh, my God, what a pitiful life he's led. If I didn't have Andy with all his medical troubles I'd be in the car on my way to VA right now.

We adopted a couple 13-14 year old goldens who'd been in the same circumstances. It was so rewarding to see them blossom and learn what it's like to be loved and have fun.
And I believe you too.... Danny :D:D:D

·
Registered
17,557 Posts
Mega thanks to Karen and everyone else involved for helping this poor chap. I cannot express in words how angry and sad this makes me. Why, oh why, do people do this, I just can't get my head round this. As a dog mother of a 12 year old golden whom I have had the great honour of having in my life since he was just 9 weeks old makes it even harder to understand. Again thank you so much to everyone involved and I pray this boy gets the home he deserves.

·
Missing my Boys...
3,980 Posts
Mega thanks to Karen and everyone else involved for helping this poor chap. I cannot express in words how angry and sad this makes me. Why, oh why, do people do this, I just can't get my head round this. As a dog mother of a 12 year old golden whom I have had the great honour of having in my life since he was just 9 weeks old makes it even harder to understand. Again thank you so much to everyone involved and I pray this boy gets the home he deserves.

My exact feelings, our Dylan was 13 years and 4 months and we would love to have more time.

I pray he gets into a cozy Home.

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
Tears streaming. What I wouldn't give to have Charlie back at 13...14. I have lost big dogs at 15 or 16 and thought my world would end with them. It is so hard not to curse the brutal people who chained a dog in the yard for a decade. In some ways it is a very, very good thing that those dreadful people decided to part with him.

I so hope someone takes this boy home and shows him what a dog's life should be like and that he lives long enough to forget the horrors of his last home.

·
Registered
17,557 Posts
Does anyone have an update on this poor old boy?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts