Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Piper_Golden
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! my 14 month old puppy Piper is constantly eating sticks, twigs and leaves. I tug on her lead when we are walking and say No or leave it and it's never-ending! When we let her out in the fenced in yard that is all she does. We feed her regularly and she gets treats. Is this normal? will it stop? Sometimes her poop is hard and I can see all the wood in it. My husband seems to think this is normal and ok. I worry that it can harm her digestive system or colon! Help!

·
Terry
10 Posts
guess it's in the breed! Our 3 month old puppy is doing the same and even likes pebbles and chews on the fireplace hearth. She also digs everywhere. I try to replace with chew toys and hard bones and raw veggies. I know they need to chew but just try to keep them from swallowing anything large!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Brie is 10 months and is obsessed with smelling and eating everything and anything. At her obediance class she is so distracted I find myself cleaning the asphalt area we stand on. She mows grass if I stop on our walks to talk to neighbors. Brie gets kale, green beans, pumpkin, carrots, papaya, bananas ..plenty of great veggies and fruit. It is scary not knowing what she could eat. At the dog beach she was the only dog going under water to get shells. :eek:

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Brie ate something the other night during our walk, couldn't get it out of her mouth fast enough, and I'm fast- constantly watching her. Monday was our first night with our 10 yr old foster girl Dancer(on the Foster thread) and Brie was up all night sick- vomiting and the trotts. Ugh. Rice and boiled chicken has firmed up her stools, she's much better today. I am seriously thinking about getting a harness that goes over her nose and mouth for our walks. Hoping she grows out of this incessant eating everything outside. It is scary and makes for unpleasant walks.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts